Hi from Life on Cloud Nine

Hi
We’re Sharon & Dave and keen to be part of this THS community forum.

We sold our 6-bedroom bed and breakfast home in April 2021 and moved into a 6 metre van (called Cloud Nine) that we converted during 16 weeks of lockdown in Northern Ireland!

We’re now officially retired, of no fixed abode and are able to travel to house sits throughout the UK, and hopefully to Europe or further afield next year.

Looking forward to sharing with you all.

21 Likes

That sounds really exciting. We became of no fixed abode 10 months ago. It’s very liberating!

2 Likes

Hello Sharon and Dave. That sounds exciting and brave! Wishing you some wonderful adventures!

2 Likes

Thank you @Boodie

1 Like

It sure is, loving it!

1 Like

We have friends who’s boat is called cloud 9. Ours was called Ruby Tuesday, as in Melanie’s song Goodbye Ruby Tuesday, much prefer her version to the Rolling Stones.
Hello and welcome. We too are waiting for the world to open, stuck in south of England but do have a sit booked in France and Ecuador in the future. Happy times are here again.

4 Likes

Hello Sharon and Dave and a big welcome to the forum where I’m sure you’ll enjoy connecting with our friendly and informative members! I am SO jealous! We converted a van a long tall Boxer, last summer in the UK but now that we are settling in France for a while, we have just sold it. I miss it so much. You will have a fabulous adventure I’m sure. It’s a perfect way to combine travel and house sitting. Would love to see some photos!! Take care and we look forward to following your upcoming travels!! All the best, Vanessa

2 Likes

Isn’t it great @ElsieDownie to have stuff to look forward to, good times will return.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @Vanessa_A , and good luck with settling in France, all that wine & cheese makes us jealous!

2 Likes

Hello Sharon and Dave. Exciting times! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Sharon and Dave, isn’t it exciting to have new adventures to look forward to? I’m sure you will have some fun and memorable times :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Omg I just couldn’t! Even my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has more ‘stuff’ than me!

3 Likes

Hi @Samox24 yes very exciting, and fun so far!

2 Likes

Hi @liz yes so exciting to have adventures to look forward to, we are having a lot of fun so far and making memories and new pet friends by the day!

1 Like

Ha ha @LTD , it is hard to get rid of “stuff” but we realise now we need so little, as long as our pet friends have the essentials and plenty of cuddles they’re as happy as us!

3 Likes

Awesome! We sold our house 3 years ago, and became nomads. So freeing to declutter our lives!
We house sit and Airbnb in so many countries but during lockdown on a sit in Maine USA, we built our custom class B 18ft High roof camper with full solar and everything we need. We travel in USA and also Canada when allowed, housesitting between sightseeing to enjoy animals. And will store her, (Moonshadow), when we travel around the world.
Life is good.

5 Likes

That sounds an amazing brave thing to do, our friends did that some years ago and had a great time until grandchildren arrived now they are caravan Ning like us as and when they can. We sold up and moved to our holiday home in France and have been here ever since, 2006, we love it and we love travelling. Maybe we will meet on our travels or if you are sitters. Have a wonderful time.

4 Likes

Moonshadow looks great @RoseC , maybe we’ll meet somewhere in the world someday! Keep enjoying life.

1 Like

Hi @Champfleurie thanks, France is definitely a country we want to see more of. Hopefully some day soon, fingers crossed.

1 Like