Greetings from a 7 year veteran house-sitter

roydon 1|666x500
THS has provided me with a wonderful way of life for the last 7 years house-sitting in various countries around the world. I house-sit full-time and have been incredibly fortunate in this challenging year to have had very few days when I haven’t had a house-sit. I started the year in Savannah, Georgia, moved to Essex in the UK, rural France during first lock down, Germany, Netherlands, back to the UK and now in Spain for the next 5 months with Norway to follow.

8 Likes

Welcome! We too are full time house sitters, and love the lifestyle. The experiences and places we’ve been able to travel is simply amazing :star_struck:

2 Likes

Amazing journey you’ve been on @Wendy you have so much to share with our community and we can’t wait to hear more.

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for being part of our amazing TrustedHousesitters story for all this time.

Enjoy the conversation, meeting new friends and your 5 months in Spain.

1 Like

WOW ! Well maybe my future retirement will include being a full-time house/pet sitter and be able to travel the world too. Would love to read more of your experiences

1 Like

What a story Wendy. You’ve sat in so many wonderful countries. Very envious.

1 Like

Hello!

3 Likes

No, I don’t have any pets with me and no, again I don’t miss having a ‘personal’ home. I’ve always been lucky in feeling perfectly at home wherever I unpack my suitcase. I travelled internationally in my business for many years so have always travelled. I originally owned and ran an event production company producing events internationally and then when I ‘retired’ I started an exclusive small group travel company hosting tours to some of my favorite places. Now I just travel for my own pleasure. Of course, I miss my friends and family at home but these days keeping in contact is so much easier.

4 Likes

@Wendy So you run your own travel business as you travel? How great.

1 Like