Hi from Taiwan

Hi my name is Christine and I have just joined as a sitter. My husband and I are from the UK but live in Taiwan. Just to make things interesting, we are looking for a sit in California this August when we have promised to take our eldest two granddaughters away for a break before their school starts - a little later than most. They are both very fond of p, as are we, so we feel this could be a perfect solution. However, I am finding the process of getting approved and checked out a little hard to navigate. I am also not clear how to actually apply to owners to see if they are interested in having us stay. Any tips??

2 Likes

Hello @cmpaters,
Welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the Forum! It sounds like you are an adventurous couple and no doubt will find many fellow travel enthusiasts here, too.

I am presuming a few letters fell off of your mention that your granddaughters are very fond of pets? Unless ā€˜pā€™ is a hip term Iā€™m not familiar with :wink: And therefore, yes! Travel and pets = a match made in Heaven.

Regarding the approval process being somewhat challenging - could you elaborate? We are here to help and want to make it as seamless as possible.

One suggestion might be to use the ā€˜magnifying glassā€™ in the top right corner for any and all subjects relating to the application process you noted also. Here are a couple links from discussions which may provide assistance:
Top tips for writing your sitter profile

Where in California are you most interested in staying? You can ā€˜saveā€™ favorite destinations whereby you will receive alerts anytime a new listing pops up in that location. Hereā€™s a blog post that goes over How do I create/delete saved search alerts on the app?

It can be a bit intimidating the first time you apply for anything new, but I think youā€™ll be pleasantly surprised at how welcoming this community is with a bundle of resources to help you navigate the process.

Please circle back with any further questions. I hope you find these articles useful and that your first sitting experience is a winner. Weā€™ll be watching:)

Karen S and the Forum Team

Thanks Karen - I appreciate the speedy response! I think the problem was that I first of all registered on the site through FaceBook and then tried again with email. Looks like the FB registration is the one that ā€˜stuckā€™, so have continued with that. I am now in touch with the owner I contacted in San Diego and hopefully itā€™s all going through, so I am super happy! Itā€™s a brilliant concept and I look forward to being a full participant in the community

• thanks to all concerned!
1 Like

@cmpaters Iā€™m a homeowner is San Diego so if you happen want to visit please reach out we tend to be out of town once a month and need a sitter for our loving Springer.

1 Like

Hi Kelly, I have just confirmed with Helen to sit at their place in August, but good to know that is where you live too - maybe thereā€™ll be an opportunity another time! Thanks for reaching out. Christine

1 Like