Holiday Weekend - Pet safety tips - Share your experiences and tips!

It’s that time of year again for those celebrating Easter when extra treats and yummy food are likely to be present. Who doesn’t love some additional chocolate and treats!

You might have seen our helpful vet-approved blog in our recent newsletter Easter Safety Tips for Pets

Even if you don’t participate in the Easter festivities knowing what pets can and can’t eat as a sitter and pet owner is super important any time of the year.

• Have you had any experiences with pets eating what they should not? How did you handle that?

• Do you have any tips for stopping pets from getting into things that they shouldn’t?

We would love to hear from our experienced community and hope you and your pets have a lovely weekend :hibiscus: :sunflower: :tulip: :cherry_blossom:

Carla & the Forum team

1 Like

We recently sat for an elderly cat with digestive problems. Years ago, he ate dental floss and had to have surgery to remove it. Unfortunately, there were lasting GI problems. The owners specified keeping the lids down on the bathroom bins and garbage bins. I think that’s a good prevention for all sits.

2 Likes

@AnnieNai Adding dental floss to my watch list when I sit. It’s a shame there were lasting problems but having lids on all bins is a great tip!

My friend’s dog ate corn on the cob at a BBQ (grabbed it off of the floor) sadly it obstructed his gut and he didn’t make it, but it is a good tip to not have pets loose at gatherings where they can grab stuff.

My other friend got a heavy-duty bathroom bin as her dog decided he liked sanitary products and would bring them down to show guests :flushed:

1 Like