Housesitting for a day or a weekend

We are new to TrustedHousesitters and often need a HS for our 3 dogs for just the day or a weekend. Do any of the house sitters sit for just that amount of time? We were thinking maybe one in our area might. We live in La Quinta, CA, near Palm Desert.

As long as there is an overnight involved, where the sitter is to stay at the home, then you’re within the THS rules. You just can’t post for someone just to visit during the day, for feeding or walks, for example.

As for whether any sitter would be interested, keep in mind that sitters are a varied bunch with a wide range of reasons why a sit works for us. As you’ve suggested, someone local who is new and wants to get their first review for their profile, and the experience, would be ideal for a short sit. Also those who have gaps in their itinerary might be happy to do your sit.

1 Like

Hi @wheels61 a very warm welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters thank you for joining us from California also thank you for your welcome and help in explaining how TrustedHousesitters works @Snowbird … you’ll find our member very helpful and if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

I have done weekend sits as they were local to me and it was a pleasure to help owners get away and have their pets for company, it was also a change of scene for me so yes it can work although you would need to give more than a few days notice when listing, short sits and short notice is a little more difficult to fill.

Enjoy connecting with our members and we look forward to sharing in your THS journey.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Hi @Snowbird , thank you for your response as I did not know the THS rules. Your info has been very helpful!

2 Likes

Hi @Angela_L, thank you for your welcome and helping me to understand how this all works. I’m trying to learn my way around before I will need someone to care for my 3 pups.

1 Like