How well do you know your dog and animal breeds?

“My name is Charles … What Am I?”
Apart from an adorable dog of course :dog: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 13.44.49

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 13.59.37

3 Likes

Basset hound was my first guess but I don’t think he’s short enough. Then second was blood hound. Then I cheated but I’m not letting the dog out of the bag and spoil the fun……

It’s amazing the variety of dogs. I thought I was quite good at breeds but I do have to look them up on occasions.

2 Likes

It’s a Bracco Italiano or an Italian pointing dog. Isn’t he gorgeous? I recognized him right away from his listing because I was drawn to him.

From dogtime.com

In their native Italy, the Bracco Italiano is known as a hunting dog breed, but they’re also gaining notice as a sweet and affectionate family companion. With their long ears, droopy lips, and soulful expression, the Bracco Italiano has a distinctive look. They’re believed to be an ancient breed, dating back to the fourth or fifth century B.C.

The Bracco Italiano goes by a number of other names, including Italian Pointer, The Italian Pointing Dog, and Bracco. If this dog breed interests you, then you may find these adorable pups in shelters or breed specific rescues. Remember, it’s always better to adopt and not shop!

These smart dogs have endless amounts of energy and do best in homes with yards. The Bracco is also well suited for all households, from single individuals to large families with children. Though they are not watchdog material, they will let you know if they sense a change in their environment. If you want an energetic dog who will keep you on your toes and love you unconditionally, the Bracco Italiano may be the right dog for you!

3 Likes

He is gorgeous.

2 Likes

now that you have mentioned his Italian heritage he totally looks like he belongs in an old painting

1 Like

Well that “quiz” was quickly solved … access to information :rofl: quizzes

Do you have a specific animal breed you would like to challenge our community of animal lovers with?

1 Like

Ok let’s play !
Anyone would know which breed is this lovely guy ?
A clue : he is also coming from Italy !

6 Likes

Taking up the challenge @Françoise-et-Youn … Lagotto Romagnolo? :dog: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

In this web site, maybe : “chien d’eau Romagnol”
He is cute with a haircut

2 Likes

bravo @Angela ! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes @Flora Cedric is a Chien d’eau Romagnolo : smoothest hair !! I love his little face !

1 Like

he is adorable! just asking to be cuddled :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is of the cuteness genealogy.

2 Likes

Not a dog but a horse, we are all animals …

This breed came to my notice about 5 years ago … A horse lover since I could say the word, I had never seen or heard of this one it looks like something from legends or folklore … :racehorse:

Google knows everything of course :rofl:

2 Likes

How absolutely beautiful! Looks like something that should be in mythology or fairy tales with princesses and brave knights.
(have no idea as to the breed :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Yes, that’s it! I had a sit in Toronto a couple of years ago with a 6 month old Lagotto Romagnolo, had never heard of the breed before but fell madly in love with this puppy. Her name was Skittles and she was the sweetest little thing!

4 Likes

Happy Friday our names are Olive, Eva & Otis … But what are we? (besides gorgeous dogs:))

Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 23.27.09

Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 23.27.50

6 Likes

Nobody there for these lovely dogs ?
Could they be Griffon ? Korthals ?

HI @Françoise-et-Youn they are Italian Spinones … one of the oldest hunting breeds in existence …

3 Likes

@Angela_L Ho I can see in your link they are known as Italian griffon ! So I was not too far :innocent: :innocent:

Thank you for the informations and the pictures of these lovely dogs !

2 Likes