How well do you know your dog and animal breeds?

My fav a bracco italiano. beautiful. :two_hearts:

I lost my last spinone aged nearly 15 6 months ago. Beautiful temperaments. They really are lovely dogs. I do adore HPRs.

2 Likes

Hi @Deborah I am so sorry to hear of your beloved dog’s passing, 15 is a wonderful age but even so we never enough time with them. When you feel able to please share a little about your dear friend and yes they do have beautiful temperaments … I’m sure you have 15 years of truly wonderful memories.

Thank you
Angela

1 Like

OK Forum dog lovers it’s “Guess My Breed” Answers MUST be in picture form!

1. My name means “Prickly"
  2. I often appear in Italian Renaissance Art
  3. I’m one of the world’s oldest hunting dogs
  4. I nearly became extinct
  5. Versatility is in my genes
  6. Smelly clue: My amazing nose

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 23.17.09

2 Likes

Lagotto Romagnolo, but I have an advantage there. I see loads of them hunting in Italy!

PS; they’re utterly adorable of course.

PPS; not so sure now. The nose is right but the name doesn’t mean prickly :thinking: Something like spinotto? Spine?

Oh, and how do I answer in picture form?

1 Like

I didn’t mean technically.
I meant, how does one answer a question with a picture?

1 Like

Post an image of the breed you believe is the correct answer … @Saltrams

Oh, right! Sometimes I just don’t have the same thought processes as normal carbon based life forms :crazy_face:

2 Likes

although there is also a Spinotto Siciliano…

2 Likes

@Saltrams excellent but that’s not to say you are correct :wink:

Very similar; a lot like the dog in this group. Maybe it is the same, with a different name in France?

2 Likes

LOL, I really can’t see from the picture, the picture is too dark - although that may be part of the quest? Looks like a lion to me. Smile. Hopefully, some one got it right.

1 Like

Ooh, you’ve got me there, Angela, but what about this breed:

• I am very cute with a soft coat and love nothing better than being on my sitter’s lap
  • I was actually developed from what are now extinct breeds
  • I come in many colours, including “Tobacco”
  • My breed name is a big geographic giveaway and I am the country’s national dog
1 Like

Is it the Maltese @Diggy?

Good guess but no

1 Like

Is it the Havanese?

Yes! National dog of Cuba, hence the “tobacco” clue. A breed I had never heard of but, as my most regular sit (and local so I see him a lot) little Harry is very dear to my heart, especially when he races to greet me. The family call me “Harry’s nanny”.
The “topknot” is not of my doing (daughter’s idea) but Harry was not impressed so it had to go…

1 Like

“Benny & The Sitters”

“Off to the beach with his favorite sitters Julie & Jonathan”

Do you know this big guy’s breed?

5 Likes

Leonberger?

6 Likes

Newfoundland?

1 Like