Spaniel or not that’s the BIG question

we love our furry child, she is travelling with us nearly everywhere. She is good in cars, cable cars, trains, in restaurants (not seen or heard till we leave :laughing:), loves swimming and hiking … Breed questions are always the best ice breaker … Spaniel? NOOOOOO… Lady is a german breed called Small Münsterländer :paw_prints:

8 Likes

She is beautiful, and to the uninitiated, she certainly looks like a spaniel. I will try to remember not to assume!

3 Likes

@Annett she’s stunning and I can see where she could be mistaken for a Springer … I was owned by 6 of the beauties. Thank you for sharing her with us.

1 Like

@Annett @AliBe @Angela_L
She is a beautiful lady indeed but one can be forgiven for thinking Spaniel. The breed came about by crossing the Large Munsterlander with the spaniel resulting in a smaller dog with the brown and white markings :nerd_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@fyfie … The large and small munsterlander are not related at all, a common misconception. :blush: the breeding of SM started originally from the breed Heidewachtel.

2 Likes

What a beautiful dog!

2 Likes

For our next UK trip :blush:

6 Likes

Love it @Annett … it should read “Im not a Spaniel, guess what I am”

Do you mind if I share her on our FB page and ask “Guess the Breed?”

1 Like

Feel free @Angela_L

Oh I can’t wait for the answers :joy:

2 Likes

Me too … I will keep you updated

2 Likes

Interesting suggestions coming in … :crazy_face:

2 Likes

There are indeed … and some correct ones @Annett

1 Like

@Annett … Springer, setter, Brittany, Sprocker etc and there are some correct but without exception, and quite rightly they all say she is gorgeous … :dog: :heart_eyes:

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 11.59.55

1 Like

Thank you so much.

1 Like

@Annett Duly noted :blush: The information that I had, came from the kennel club UK. :scream: Can’t trust anything you read these days :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: no worries at all.

1 Like

That’s a beautiful dog, and that tail is impressive!

2 Likes

Hello @DMcat and welcome to the forum, thank you for joining and would love to learn more about you and where you are joining us from.

Lady is a gorgeous do and so many think she’s a Spaniel, but she’s not and as you say she has a beautiful tail.

Enjoy the conversations and connecting wiith other members.

Angela & the Team