I can't seem to find a sitter

I have just got married (never too old ) and we have a Motorhome and hoped to spend a bit of time travelling around visiting family. Unfortunately my little Yorkshire Terrier, Mika has not taken to it and becomes extremely anxious so I need her to be cared for at home where she feels safe. We live in a beautiful village in Somerset, in a little cottage within walking distance of the Pub who serve fantastic food, the local shop/ Post Office and Church. There are many amazing places within easy distance eg Wells, Glastonbury, Weston super Mare (seaside) etc.
I am able to be flexible with the dates, just need something to look forward to in the Autumn but have had no response. I even went to view a Cattery nearby but it was dreadful, a basic cage with no outdoor space and my cats love to be able to wander around in the garden.
I will be grateful for any guidance
Sheilagh

3 Likes

Hello Sheilagh,
First, publish your listing on THS, indicating dates and specify that you are flexible and that you want to be away for 1 week, 2 weeks or more … If you do not have answers or a suitable person, you can cqontact directly from the pet sitters by telling them that you have not yet set the dates and that you want to agree with them. This happened to me some time ago, the owners wanted to leave for ten days but without imperative. So we set the dates together and it was a great sit that I hadn’t thought of.
And you live in a beautiful region so, good luck

3 Likes

Hi @Shell welcome to our community forum and congratulations on your recent marriage we wish you every happiness for the future!!

I’ve just take a look at your listing and the copy content is great except you need to edit your heading

“Can you care for my pets for 3or4 weeks during April and May 2021 please”*

Your dates are for September and this will be confusing for sitters browsing the listings. You are in a beautiful part of the world and September is a lovely time of the year, perhaps in include Somerset in the title.

I would also add some more images, I’m sure your cottage is very pretty and the lead image from the front isn’t a really clear photo, could you take another and do you have a rear garden and add some of the interior of your delightful cottage.

Your September dates are a month away and you still have time to find a sitter plus you can relist as often as you need to this will place your listing at the front of the listings, making it new again. You can search sitters by location and reach out to those who are available and who you feel would be right for you and your pets.

Local new sitter members, those who are verified, referenced and who have detailed profiles, even sitters with numerous THS reviews were new sitters at one time, as long as they have the experience and qualities you are looking and you are both 100% happy and secure with the arrangement that is what is important and we advise new members to start locally when they can so that they can give owners the option to meet beforehand.

I hope that helps.

Once again welcome and congratulations, we hope you enjoy connecting with members from around the world.

1 Like

That’s a great idea — reaching out to sitters with flexibility and agreeing on dates together! Hopefully, that idea will work for @Shell.