Hello from Sandhurst, Berkshire!

Hello everybody…I hope I’m doing this right as I’m very new to all this (like others!) :slight_smile:
I am a home owner with two little Shih-Tzus and a friendly, cuddly cat! I live in Sandhurst, Berkshire near places like Windsor and Ascot and have a 3 bedroom house. I am currently looking for a sitter between April 13-17th but sadly so far I’m not having much luck :frowning: . If anybody might be interested I’d love to hear from them and I hope I have attached the profile for it correctly. Dates might be slightly flexible.
I also have family in Noosa Heads, Australia and Galway Ireland so will be looking for sits here when available. For the moment though I’m very much looking forward to meeting some new, kind and friendly pet loving people. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Hello @anniexxx and welcome. You have added the link correctly, and your home looks inviting and your pets are adorable. Certainly a welcoming listing.

I notice you have not said that a car is necessary, which will open your listing up to many more sitters. However, it would be helpful if you mention what public transit is nearby, or how easy it might be to access something like Uber. Also if you are on a bus route, for example, or have a train service nearby. This will help sitters without a vehicle see if they are a good fit. If you are able to pick up and return a sitter to public transit, that’s always a bonus too. The more details you can provide like that, the better.

If you have a standard or premium membership, you will be able to boost your listing once, which will return it to the start of the listings.

3 Likes

Thank you that’s really helpful. I didn’t think of doing my that. There are two train stations 20 and 30 mins walk away and I am on a bus route into the two nearest towns. Local shops are within walking distance and a huge Tesco and M&S 25 mins walk away. I guess a car is always preferable but you can get around without one…I’ll update tomorrow thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @anniexxx, re the car issue. If sitters do not have access to a car (either yours or theirs), only public transport, a point that needs considering is where is the location of your vet and how to transport your pet/s there if an emergency arose and a car is not available.

3 Likes

Just wanted to pop in here and say your listing is lovely and your animals adorable! Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Hi and Welcome @anniexxx :wave:
I must say, you have a beautiful home, and your babies are the absolute cutest. Wishing you the best in your search :heart:

3 Likes

With so much love for your home and pets being shown here @anniexxx I just had to share …

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 22.05.47
Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 22.05.13
Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 22.05.26

4 Likes

Thank you Ampora so sweet of you :slight_smile: x

2 Likes

Thank you BlueDiamondRose, a lovely comment thank you! X

1 Like

Wow thank you so much Angela! That’s very kind of you :slight_smile: x

1 Like

Thank you Temba another thing I didn’t think about, my neighbour opposite is great and looks after Henry so I’m sure she would run somebody over…I’ll update it later.

1 Like

I actually went back and saved your listing. As much as I wish I could help with this set of dates, I’m unable too. However when you post later dates, I would love to apply to sit for your babies. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you I did notice, and thanks for letting me know, I’m sure there will be other dates so perhaps another time :relaxed:.

1 Like

Have you found anyone yet? I have a Shih Tzu sit ending in London on the 17th and am open until the 24th if your dates are that flexible. I lost my 16 year old Shih Tzu in Nov. and her litter mate 5 years earlier. I have a soft spot and a lot of knowledge of this breed so always try to help if I can.

1 Like

Hi @claudinekent perhaps it would be better to use the Direct Message option to connect with @anniexxx regarding her sit and then you can discuss in detail.

Thank you so much Claudinekent!

I thankfully have found somebody, we were communicating earlier in the week and we had a video call yesterday. She seems lovely and isn’t far away and thankfully can do the dates which seem to be like gold dust. I’ll remind her to press the “accept” button :wink:
Thank you so much for offering though, I did have someone else who offered alternative dates also very nice. Good to know for next time! Thank you again.

2 Likes