Interested in arranging house sitter member meetups - general

@Vanessa_A thanks Vanessa and I will maybe try it with you in the next few days and see if i have worked it out…failing that i might need to use abacus or homing pidgeon!! Oh and @Grandma goodluck with hooking up onyour travels…we all need a Grandma!!

3 Likes

Hi there! I’m here in Miami doing a sit until the 10th and would love to meet up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dang Lauren! I’m leaving Surfside today and going on another sit in coconut grove. I won’t have a car tho :pensive: Where in Miami are you?

1 Like

Hi @Lauren - welcome to the forum!! Hope you get to make a connection there in Miami! Send us pix if you do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Meetup Gallery

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Meetup Gallery

A brilliant question. It would be great to see who’s around in your local area while you are on a sit.

1 Like

It worked for me, I met up with two different fellow sitters while in Miami and it totally enhanced my entire visit!

Fab! Don’t know how I missed this. I did this crossing (more than once lol) with my children! it was my love for The Beatles that led me to take my first leap across the pond!

oh the stories, the stories…
Enjoy!

2 Likes

In Orlando this Monday for 3 days. Anybody around. In Paris France in October 21 for couple days sightseeing,than Prague. Who is in Europe. If so please Direct Message me. Thank you

1 Like

I’ll update - currently in Friday Harbor on the San Juan Islands of Washington state (unlikely there is anyone nearby) until Oct 11.
But I’ll be in Minneapolis-St Paul with a car Oct 19-Nov 3, in Houston with a car Nov 10-16 and on the Palos Verdes peninsula near Los Angeles Nov 16-26.
Any meetup possible?

3 Likes

Sorry not me.

1 Like

We took the ferry to Friday Harbor some years ago to do a whale watching trip. We really liked what we saw of the islands and would love to explore more. While we were in a cafe, my friend overheard the staff trying to work out where we were from as they couldn’t place our accents. They finally decided that we were from Texas. We were all from the UK! I guess UK visitors were not common there. I’d love to return there for a housesit, but will am a very long way away at the moment!

1 Like

The Upper Pacific Northwest, one of my favourite parts of the world @toml @Katie … hailing from Vancouver, a dear friend and TrustedHousesitters introduced me to Bainbridge Island almost 6 years ago, it’s a very special place, enjoy the Islands.

1 Like

Hello all,

I’m currently in Bluefields Nicaragua (not on a house sit) and am curious if there’s anyone else here too. I hope to hear some experiences.

Cheers,
Anne-Marie

We will be on St Albans from the 14-18 October having been there for 3.5 weeks a fortnight ago. Will anyone be close by and fancy meeting up?
We met a couple of Americans in London last time we were there and had a ball

Yesterday I met a wonderful couple in 1 he from Orlando. It was a great meet up. Last week in Coral Grove also I had a drink with a sitter. Those meet ups are a great learning curve. We are all doing the same thing but with a different twist. I learned so much yesterday.
Let’s continue. I Europe’s Thursday. An hour to Limoge, if anybody close.

6 Likes

Wonderful! It is very much a lifestyle by design and we are the architects!

1 Like

I’m going to be in Kona Hawaii (Big island) from 10/24 to 11/19. If anyone wants to meet up please contact me! I would love to explore the island with someone or even just meet up. Hope to hear from ya! :slightly_smiling_face::sunglasses:

Anyone in the Aberdeenshire area of Scotland.
be great to see a friendly face :blush: have a coffee etc

1 Like