Meetup - Portland, OR

Hello! I’m a full time sitter based in Portland, and I’ve always wanted to meet other sitters and hear about their experiences. I’ll be traveling in California at the end of this month, but I’ll be in Portland for most of September through November if anyone wants to meet up!

2 Likes

Hello @o0_Misha_0o and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for starting a meet up. I hope there will be other members in the area during that time. :blush:

For reference, as a member, you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help.

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll be sitting in Vancouver, WA, 11 Sep—21 Oct. Would be happy to join a meetup. Or if it’s just us, happy to grab pizza at your favorite place in Portland.

1 Like

@o0_Misha_0o I’ll be in Portland from September 14th - October 6th and would love to meet others!

2 Likes

I’ll be in Portland from October 2 - November 14 sitting, I’d love to meet up.

Which part of Portland? I’ll be in the Southwest near Multnomah villages then Lake Oswego.

I’ll be in Eugene Sept 9-24th. What did you have in mind for a meetup?

Hi @kmbriglia and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum and it’s great to hear that you are not far from Portland and interested in attending the meet up :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

For reference if you are a member, once your listing is completed you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help.

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :blush:

Hey there,
Have any meets been set up?

Hello there, Misha, and to the others who have already replied!
I am in Portland from September 16-26, and then again from November 12-January 12. I would be delighted to connect with any others in the area. I am still relatively new to TH and to this forum. It would be wonderful to share our stories.
Thanks!
Jane

1 Like

Looking at all the schedules:

@kmbriglia: 09 Sep - 24 Sep (Eugene, OR)
@s4xton: 11 Sep - 21 Oct (Vancouver, WA)
@kporter9876: 14 Sep - 06 Oct
@Janeexplores: 16 Sep - 26 Sep
@Catgoddess_99: 02 Oct - 14 Nov

I can’t on September 18 and 19… so without knowing everyone else’s schedules, it looks like the best date might be Wednesday, September 20, or a couple days after. This excludes @Catgoddess_99, but I would be game for another one in October. @kporter9876 will also be traveling 200 miles round trip, so that’s something to consider too.

@o0_Misha_0o, and all, what do you think?

Thanks very much to all of you for helping to organize this! As far as I know, I am available on September 20 or a couple of days after and would be happy to meet.
Looking forward to connecting with some kindred spirits!
Kind regards,
Jane

Hi everyone! I’m back in Portland, and I’ll be here from Sept 12th-23rd, and again from October 4th-21st. September 20th works for me too!

1 Like

Hey! I am in Portland as well sitting until 9/22. I’m in the Montavilla area. I’d love to meet up with some fellow sitters.

Hello @BB_travels and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum and it’s great to hear that you will be in the area and able to meet up with fellow members :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

For reference, as a member, you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :blush:

Hey all,
Are we still working toward meeting up on September 20th? Does anyone have any interest in checking out the Portland Art Museum (it’s pricey at a $25 admission, but hopefully worth it!)?
Or I am open to any suggestions.
Thanks!
Jane

I’ll be in Portland October 2- November 14 so I’d still love to meet up at some point if you’re there then.

I am just catching up on this thread now. I didn’t get notifications for the latest messages. :expressionless:

I’m still game for September 20 (gosh, tomorrow!) if it’s after 3 p.m. or so. Unfortunately, as the Portland Art Museum closes at 5 p.m., I don’t think that’d work for me (sorry @Janeexplores!). @o0_Misha_0o: do you have a suggested meetup place?

-Aaron

P.S. @BB_travels: I was just on E Burnside St this morning dropping my car off for service… small world…

1 Like

I live in Portland but am not there now. I will suggest a few places which allow dogs on outdoor patios, just in case anyone is bringing one:

Elephant’s Deli on NW 22nd (this specific location, nota bene)
Lucky Lab (multiple locations; NW location opens at 4 pm)
Victoria Bar happy hour 3-6 pm
Dimo’s Apizza (opens 4 pm)

I looked up several other places, and unfortunately, many places seem to have closed. So sad :cold_sweat:

Have fun!

1 Like

Hello everyone! I think @PVGemini has a great idea of meeting at a dog friendly place in case anyone wants to take the pet they’re sitting with them. I’ve never been to the Lucky Lab NW location, I’d love to check it out! How does tomorrow at 6pm sound for everyone?

1 Like