Interesting Clocks Around The World

A visit to Triberg in the Black Forest, Germany isn’t complete without a visit to see the largest cuckoo clock in the world. It is 60 times bigger than the traditional version, it’s as tall as a real house! I loved watching for the cuckoo as the clock struck 3! :sweat_smile::slightly_smiling_face:

Probably the world’s most famous clock, Big Ben is instantly recognisable as a symbol of Britain to the world. It has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1987. I was fortunate enough to climb up to the top of the clock tower in 2012 and see Big Ben, (which is the giant bell), up close. It weighs 13 tons and is 7 feet and 6 inch tall.

Has anyone else seen any beautiful clocks whilst on your travels?

5 Likes

@Samox24 , you post such great pictures! I love cuckoo clocks! My dad got us one when we were kids. Then we inherited it but it kept really bad time and there was no one who knew how to fix it properly. A visit to Triberg is worth it just to see that clock!

2 Likes

Aww thank you @mars …we stumbled across this cuckoo clock purely by chance when visiting Triberg, it’s definitely worth a visit… plus it’s a great excuse to eat Black Forest Gateau!! :sweat_smile::blush:

1 Like

There is one created with flowers near the waterfront in Geneva that comes to mind. So beautiful!

1 Like

@Cat_Aficionado ahh yes I remember this one, it’s very pretty :cherry_blossom::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

image Grand Central NY :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

The clock by Maarten Baas in the Schiphol at the Amsterdam airport is incredible. Each minute the hands are redrawn on the clock by a man behind the translucent clock face. (It is a video I believe). It is very cool. Check it out.

2 Likes

Hello, @tdteather wow, that is so unexpected and very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

I would also like to wish you a very warm welcome to the forum community, where you can connect with like-minded members and search for previous topics using the spyglass.

If you are registered with the site you can add your TrustedHousesitters profile or listing to your forum profile for other members to see and offer helpful feedback and tips.
Here is how:

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

If you need help with anything just let me know.
Best wishes Carla

2 Likes

Hello @tdteather and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Wow! I love this. We are currently in Amsterdam so will definitely look out for this thank you! :blush:

Thanks for this @tdteather Wow, I have been through Amsterdam many times and never noticed it. It is most incredible, and I will definitely seek it out when I fly there in March.
Thanks for the share.

This is a photo I took whilst in Singapore of the Floral Clock. Measuring seven metres in diameter, the Floral Clock blends timekeeping precision with botanical artistry. Its design is inspired by the timepieces of Swiss watchmaker Audemars Piguet, and features the signature octagonal bezel and hexagonal screws of its Royal Oak collection.

With clock hands guided by GPS technology, it is presently the only sizable public floral clock in Singapore. It was a gift to Gardens by the Bay from Audemars Piguet on the occasion of Singapore’s 50th anniversary which was back in 2015.

6 Likes