Beautiful Germany

Travelled in Germany before?

Well, if not - why not!?

Germany is far more then beer, sausage and leder hosen (leather pants). :wink:

North to South is an easy travel of 10 hours, passing great cities like Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Bayreuth and of course Munich. Castle Neuschwanstein (known as the Cinderella castle copied by Disney), the Alps, lakes, rivers and a lot more invite the curious traveller…

Going West to East … Cologne via Nuremberg to Dresden is another great, not only historical but geographical adventure.
Have you ever heard of the Elbsandsteingebirge (sand stone mountain range along the river elbe)? No? Wow, you missed a great wonder of nature! It is just stunning to see the river bed carved through the sand stone rocks, castles sitting on top … A boat trip on the river from Dresden south to Bad Schandau makes you just awwww…

And then there is the BEST ever Christmas market in Germany … the Stritzelmarkt in Dresden. We just love it!!!

Well … I hope you start planning your future pet sits now in my beautiful home country and who knows, we might meet somewhere someday …

16 Likes

I really enjoyed reading your post! Thanks for sharing. I lived in Germany for 10 years in my early adulthood, and it is home to me! I miss it like no other place. I haven’t been back since 2014 for the 25th anniversary FOW celebrations in Berlin, since I wasn’t able to visit Berlin when I lived there, I made it a priority to go then… to be in that space to absorb the energy around that monumental occasion. It did not disappoint! Then I took a side-trip to Dresden, my new favorite place to visit, in particular for its Christmas markets. There were so many, and all fantastic! Ich habe Heimweh!

5 Likes

Thankyou Annett for sharing highlights and photos of your beautiful homeland. I’ve visited only cities so far… Hamburg a long time ago, and Berlin which I loved (East part especially) and Frankfurt for work a few times in my past phase of life. I’m really excited that now we are living in Burgundy, France we aren’t too far from the border and hope to spend time exploring once it’s easier to travel again. I might be back to ask for more tips!

3 Likes

Beautiful photos! I’ve only been to Germany once, it was a short trip and we spent most of it in Cologne which was wonderful. I would love to go back to Germany and explore more of the countryside, and of course the kolsh :wink:

3 Likes

Anytime :+1::hugs:

1 Like

Love to travel there its on my list.

2 Likes

Stunning photos, thank you for an inspirational tour @Annett my son’s partner is German and their highlight of the year is always the Christmas markets and such an easy trip for them direct flights from Birmingham, low cost and short flights, with just hand luggage.

As a “tour operator” you have me sold, thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

This year we’ve been focussing our sits on France & Spain, next year we’re hoping to focus on Germany & Italy.
I only know Cologne, Berlin & the area around the Black Forest, your pics look very inviting to explore more!

4 Likes

Germany is on our must see list and as I read your beautiful description it got higher and higher. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what a wonderful country you live in.
Elsie

3 Likes

Love, love , LOVE, Germany. I love travelling in Germany: EVERYTHING runs on time. I enjoy watching the big clocks on the train platforms at Munich Sud railway station as I pull out on the ICE train, en route the Austrian Tirol. I even love hearing the German language around me … it’s very much like Welsh: very guttural. Every syllable is sounded out, just like Welsh. German wines, cheese, breads and meats are to die for. Gesmackt.

6 Likes

I lived in Germany for three years as a child. I haven’t been back there in a long time though - my last visit must have been over 20 years ago. I loved all your photos, it is such a beautiful country. I really must take the family there once we are able to!

3 Likes

Loved our road trip through Germany - especially the south. Such stunning scenery and forests:)

1 Like

Oh you are making me so sad we had to sell our campervan! Hopefully we’ll replace it with a motorhome later this year so I’ve bookmarked you post - your article has made me want to just hop over the border for our delayed German adventure! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Vanessa - hope you get to do your delayed trip soon - so many beautiful places :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really liked your post and seeing your pictures. Germany is definitely on my list. I have never been!

3 Likes

Germany is number ONE on my list of where I want to travel; I hope to find some opportunities! Couldn’t agree more with your post. :slight_smile: Auch wenn mein Deutscher nicht sehr gut ist :-p

3 Likes

I was fortunate enough to live in Germany for 18 months in the beautiful, quaint town of Bamberg, known for its smoked beer (raucht bier). Despite a demanding job, each weekend I was able to take a one or two day car trip to explore as much of that anazing, picturesque country as possible. NEVER have I seen such clean, well cared homes and countryside. It has made it very difficult for me to drive the USA anymore and see the complete trashiness of so much of our countryside and rural areas :frowning:
I miss Germany and strongly encourage anyone who has the chance to visit, especially by bike if possible!

4 Likes

Rauchbier is definitely very special, not everyone’s taste but the country side is stunning.

1 Like

Thank you so much Doreen - it’s definitely full of gorgeous scenery - especially in the south :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree - beautiful countryside and so many window boxes filled with flowers where the home owners and community take pride in their towns. :slight_smile:

4 Likes