January in Los Angeles

We are experienced house/pet sitters who need to be in LA for the month of JAN '23.
I have an active saved search but so far nothing is appearing. It doesn’t seem to me to be too early. I hope there are owners looking to post soon! If that may be you, please review our profile and reach out to discuss your needs.
Thanks!

On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s community.

I see that you already have the link to your main profile up so I went ahead and took I look. I think it might help if you added more photos of you and your wife especially with some of the pets that you have cared for. It’s always reassuring to homeowners to see potential sitters enjoying the company of pets. You have many stellar reviews so I think that’ll help you find sits for your upcoming trip But the main website is where ALL our members will see your availability and message with you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best,
Kelly & the forum team

2 Likes

Hi @BrianD
Welcome! If you haven’t already I suggest that you set up a saved search on the website so that you’ll be alerted when new sits for the dates and location you’re looking for.

Kelly - thank you for the photo suggestions; I’ve added a couple.

You say: “the main website is where ALL our members will see your availability and message with you.”
Is there a way to post my comment on the main site where members may see my interest in finding a sit in LA? We’ve sat in LA before and unfortunately it seems many owners in that area don’t post their need until ‘last minute’ which makes it difficult to arrange. Any suggestions?

Hi @BrianD,

Such good photos you’ve added! I want to also encourage what @Smiley has suggested as well - that really is the best way to find/apply for the sits that you want. I always save sits by hearting them - if I think they could be a potential fit even if they don’t have current sit dates listed. That way if they do decide they need a sitter you will be notified since you’ve saved it to your favorites.

I’m also curious if you’ve considered having a car so that you can apply to sits that are further away but still within the general LA area? I live in San Diego and I always see sits in Irvine, Temecula, Oceanside, Carlsbad area. However, to answer your main question, no there is not a way to post your comment to the main site.

You’ve let the forum community know about your interest and hopefully that will help. I know that this can make it difficult to plan travel arrangements around but it can be done. I am in a similar situation waiting to hear back from some homeowners about a sit i’d really like to get. I recommend some patience but also doing some leg work on searching and being ready to apply when sits pop up that could be a good fit. I’ll be messaging you one that might be a potential.

Kelly