Just finished my first sit

I just finished my very first THS sit and it was fabulous! The home was beautiful and all the animals were adorable. I had such a great time hanging out with the dogs, chickens, sheep and a pony! Im also a HO on here, so it was great to see what its like on the other side of things. I can only commit to short sits due to personal commitments but cant wait until my next one in a couple of weeks time :blush:

14 Likes

@Mandy194 Congratulations on completing your first housesit.

I always love housesits with multiple pets to care for, just like having your own mini farm! What an experience. I am glad that you enjoyed it and got to see both perspectives of the community.
Best wishes for your next sit. Carla

3 Likes

How wonderful for you! I think it’s great if owners can get to sit and see housesitting from both sides. Enjoy your next one

1 Like

Thanks @Smiley I’m really looking forward to the next one… a giant breed dog which will be very different fir me :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @Carla It’s helped me make my mind up about adding some chickens to our own little menagerie too. Im now on the list for some rescue chickens… my husband is really pleased :rofl::woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

I love chickens, they’re funny to watch and you have an alarm clock! Nothing like fresh eggs every day. Just have to remember to shut them in when they’ve put themselves to bed :flushed:

4 Likes

Congratulations @Mandy194 on such a successful and fabulous sit. Great you’re a HO too and seeing it from a sitter’s angle now. Get those chickens!!

3 Likes

Well done you! Congratulations!
What a wonderful feeling isn’t it?
I am smiling ear to ear, so happy for you.

Here’s to many more happy successful experiences!

4 Likes

Congratulations @Mandy194 and such a wonderful feeling once you have completed your first sit :clap:t2:…. and here’s to many, many more house sits to come! :blush:

4 Likes

Off topic, but billions of high fives for having alpacas! Adorable!
Congrats on your first sit. Now you too are hooked.

3 Likes

@Cat_Aficionado I would love the opportunity to sit for alpacas. They are so awesome to watch…just don’t get too close for a little bath!

They mostly only spit at each other. My herd leader will give a warning spray ov she feels threatened, but the others are all good girls :blush: Having said that, i do get a bit of a spray when cutting their toe nails! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congrats @Mandy194 !!! Do you have any pictures from your sit? I would love to see the pony :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

13 Likes

Hy Mandy 194,
these are really beautiful photos.
I wish you and your family wonderful sittings
with much joy.
I’ll have my 1st meeting in a few days with such a cute bobtail.
am very excited

Kind regards, Bärbel

1 Like

@Mandy194 beautiful photos! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: … thank you for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Mandy194 these are awesome pictures. I love the chicken…he/she seems so photogenic and looks like they were posing for the pic! Love it!

4 Likes

haha! These pictures are awesome @Mandy194 !!! How did you manage to get a selfie with a chicken :joy: and I am in love with that pony :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

@Mandy194 love those photos!

1 Like