Lack of applications

Hi all. Nice to meet you.
I have a new listing posted for over a week now but haven’t had any responses to it yet. It’s quite unusual as pre-COVID, I would have had a few interests quite quickly… Is anyone else having trouble finding a sitter right now?
It’s my first listing after the pandemic and Brexit so any advice would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks,
Gita

I’m having trouble getting a house sit as there are so many applicants .

1 Like

I only had 3 applicants, and ended up finding my sitter by invitation, which is local. The first two didn’t work out and the last one came in a little too late since we had already decided on the local sitter. However, I was surprised that I didn’t get many applicants, not as many we were favorited. Our place is pretty new, comfy and in a good/fun area of Chicago; but I think location/weather/time can be a factor. Chicago starts getting pretty cold around Thanksgiving. And maybe people want to stay close home around the Holidays. The 3rd applicant we really wanted to consider because they have family here in Chicago, so they were going to be here visiting.

3 Likes

I just cancelled my vacation which is supposed to start in a little more than a week because I didn’t get any applicants to my sit. It’s been listed for close to a month and has been boosted twice. 7 people saved my listing but none of them are available according to their calendars. I just couldn’t wait any longer for last minute applicants. If I didn’t cancel now, I wouldn’t have gotten a refund from the hotel or the cruise line. I just hope I can cancel my account here and get a refund. However, the refund page says I’m ineligible. I thought my listing had to be posted for at least 14 days. I emailed customer service so we’ll see what they say. I would have cancelled sooner if I had known that you had to get a refund BEFORE 14 days - everyone here was telling me to wait for last minute applicants. Why would the refund be for less than 14 days if they encourage you to wait for last minute applicants? I kind of feel like I was scammed and tricked to wait for more than 14 days so they wouldn’t have to refund me. I feel like I wasted my time and money by joining this site. I’m sure it works for some people but if you live in a boring area or have a special needs pet (my dog is diabetic), then I would think twice about joining.

1 Like

Hi AllyG47

I’m very sorry to hear that you did not receive applications to your recent home listing and had to cancel your upcoming vacation. I have replied directly to your email to our membership services department to support you with your refund request.

Many thanks
Paul

1 Like