Listing in advance

Hi. Yes, 28 days would be a long sit. If you’ve already booked the cruises, I would post early. That way you get the greatest visibility and can confirm your sitters in advance. For sitters, the sooner we confirm, the sooner we can book a flight (at lower pricing than last minute). Good luck and happy cruising!

We also enjoy cruising @WingNut and combine our love of life at sea with petsitting. We’ve taken quite a few long cruises, and typically book our sits, 6-8 months in advance, once we’ve made our cruise reservations. Enjoy your upcoming adventures!!! :passenger_ship:

Hi @WingNut definitely post your sits now. You can lock in your sitters and then have less things to worry about. Sitters who are looking for longer sits like yours want to take advantage of cheaper flights that get more expensive the closer to travel dates

3 Likes

Yes, I came here to say this. Nothing wrong with people who like to do things more last-minute, but “opposites attract” isn’t always true! I tend to have friends who are detail-oriented planners and organizers like me, even though I’m sure there are people who think I’m too uptight and predictable. :slightly_smiling_face: I suspect that I’ll be more comfortable with sitters who are similarly organized and detail-oriented – which is exactly who we found for our late-August sit! We were so happy to confirm them last week!

I do think it’s also true that the less desirable your location, the better off you are allowing plenty of time for it to attract a sitter. Since we don’t live in London or on a gorgeous Thai beach, I didn’t think we’d get people flocking to our door. I suspected we’d need to give it time for the right person/people to come along.

2 Likes

Hello WingNut,
This is my first year of a HS here on Trusted. I have had sits that lasted as short as 3 days and long as 2 1/2 months. So, Nope no length to long… some sits are too short or listed too late to make affordable travel plans.
All the best, I know you will enjoy your cruises and have great sitters.
LuvPets

3 Likes

We as sitters love advance notice. We too have lives … and would love to plan around your sit. In the same breath, after posting you should decide within two weeks. It would be great if more did this! Good question!

1 Like

The sooner the better from our perspective as sitters.

1 Like

We are nomadic and look for sits 6 to 12 months out. For example; this year (2023) we already have sits booked for all of April, May, August and September, half of October and November and December. Why wait? if you know your dates, secure your sitter. One less thing to stress about.

2 Likes

Hi @WingNut definitely post your sits now.

Many full-time sitters like to plan well in advance. I can give an example of myself as a full-time nomadic sitter. I have already confirmed a 30+ day sit for Jan/Feb 2024 which is a repeat sit for a host who, like you, is going on a cruise. I have also confirmed two sits of 50+ days for this year as well as three shorter sits (between 2-3 weeks).

2 Likes