Live in Ohio but heart is in Hawaii

My name is Betsy Eldridge and I currently live in Ohio. I joined initially because I am looking specifically for a sit in Hawaii (windward side of O’ahu preferably as I grew up there and my sister still lives there) from December 28 through January 7, or any portion of that time. We were going to stay with my sister but now my niece is coming from Luxembourg with her son and will be staying with her.

After signing up I realized that it might work out nicely in also finding a pet sitter while we’re gone. Our Beagle-mix is almost 16 and needs a little more attention than she used to. Our three boy kitties are pretty low maintenance.

My husband is retired from the Navy but works for the government as a civilian. I am a CPA. We both love animals and have had cats, dogs, mice, guinea pigs, and fish at one time or another in the 32 years we’ve been married. I foster kittens for the Humane Society here too.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I have a saved search right now for a house sit in Hawaii.

Thanks! Betsy

4 Likes

Hi @Betsy23 a very warm welcome to you and you Ohio family, thank you for joining our Community forum and TrustedHousesitters. The combined member option is great for members with their own pets, there are many owners who when seeing what an amazing time their sitters and decided they would like to test the sitting waters themselves and do achieve success … a win win win.

It’s great that you have a saved search for Hawaii and there are more and more Christmas sits coming to the site.

Enjoy connecting with our members from around the world and welcome again, we can’t wait to share in your new adventure.

Angela and the team

1 Like