Longing for Home

Hi I am new here. I grow up in a small country place where I can see our mountain from the window and smell rice fields on the air. Now I have been living in the city for many years now. I guess my heart aches to pause and live in the kind of place I grew up with. It would be a delight to house sit in the country side when needed. I have 2 dogs and longed to make them walk in a wide grassy area like I used to with my old furry friends. I hope I make sense.

7 Likes

Perfectly natural to long for a country place, like where you grew up. The younger teenage years form how we live in the world. Country, carefree days out in nature is a wonderful life. Seek and you shall find! Good luck!

1 Like

Hi @Beaushell
We wish you a warm welcome to the forum and our community of very giving members.

I think it is sometimes difficult to adapt from being a country person to being a city one, and I think your idea of doing some lovely country sitting is a good compromise.

What size of your dogs? Do they travel well? Are they well integrated socially with other dogs. These are important questions you need to ask yourself if you are considering sitting with them. Bear in mind, that when sitters sit with their own pet, your opportunities are not as many, but it certainly is possible, as we have many successful sitters sitting with their own pets.

If you use the spyglass at the top right hand side, you can search other questions posed by other members, and the threads make very interesting reading.

We wish you great success in getting your country fix soon.
Best wishes
Therese and the forum team.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it.
Yeah, that is one cool thing I thought of when I think of house sitting.
Anyway, my dogs are medium sze. It will be a treat to take them along. They are very used to strangers as we often walk outside. They are very caring with small dogs as I see them interact with friends and neighbors.

I am from the Philippines and will very likely appreciate house sitting locally at first. I haven’t done this but I am thrilled with this cool opportunity.
I am a housewife and we live in a 2 storey house with front and back yard so I can say I can manage to house sit large houses.
I will be happy to experience house sitting very soon.

Thanks again and God bless!

3 Likes

Thanks! I always find the green scenery refreshing and invigorating!

2 Likes

Hello, @Beaushell I also wanted to say hello and let you know that I really related to your post. I grew up in a rural environment with lots of green space, open fields, and trees and have over the years lived in much more built-up areas, always longing for something closer to before.

The great thing about housesitting is you can choose different locations and environments and we currently try and pick more rural ones, which settles me nicely back into childhood memories. It is also a great way to check out new locations for future places to settle.

My husband’s family are originally from Manila, where are you based? :grin:

2 Likes