Meetup Opportunities - United Kingdom

I’ll be back!

We will be sitting in Kent, mid way between Maidstone and Hastings,
Aug 28 - Sep 4 (and nearby for the 3 days before the sit starts)
if anyone is sitting nearby and wants to meet up.

Also, down in L’isle Sur la Sorgue, France from Sep 6-20 (not sitting though).

3 Likes

Not too sure about that unless a typo? Colin is in two places at the same time:
27th, 28th and 29th…

16th July - 29thJuly - Hove, Brighton
27th July - 1stAugust - Brighton

@Wavingfish - It is not a typo - we sometimes split up and overlap sits by a day or two to avoid odd available days that incur expensive accommodation costs

2 Likes

August 9 - 16> Guildford
(could also meet up in London around that time)

August 17 - 21 > Liverpool

I’d absolutely love to meet up with other members!!

Hi @andrealovesanimals we are just outside Guildford from 10th - 14th August. It would be great to meet up!

We have to have a pep talk with ourselves to not get too upset! It helps if another sit is planned as then look ahead, and sometimes we return so not goodbye forever!

1 Like

We do that too! Sometimes neither wants to be the one to leave early though…:smile:

2 Likes

Sutton Coldfield (what makes is a Royal Town?) August 14-18
so could travel to Birmingham…

Oh noo, I missed out on meeting you guys. Hope you had a great time - I did!

HI there @Wavingfish, I am keen to meet up sometime when you are. I am in Summertown.

Regards
Ingrid

1 Like

I’m in Cowley, and I think there is a member in Abingdon.

Hi, my husband and I are fairly new to THS and house sitting. We are Australians, but have lived in California for 10 years, and recently Greece, on our motorboat, for 3 years.

We are in the Southern UK for all of February as it’s too cold for cruising the sea in Winter.

Near Reading Feb 3rd to 11th
Near Salisbury Feb 11th to 27th

We have rented an SUV and love to explore places and enjoy good coffee.

Let us know via direct message if you are nearby and want to meet.

1 Like

Hi @karinar I hope you are having a lovely time in the southern region of the UK. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am just bumping this thread incase there are any other members in the area who can meet up with you for your dates but also you mentioned you enjoy a good coffee and I thought you might like to join in with this fun thread Tea or Coffee?
Have you found any really good spots for coffee on your travels of the southern UK so far? :blush: