My sitter just canceled the booking with 8 days before my overseas trip. What do I do?

Her mother just passed away. I feel so bad for her but I had this posted 4 months ago and this happened. I re-listed it but in the meantime, I will have to find a paid sitter, too just in case. When this happens, should my premium membership insurance kicks in? By the way, I unconfirmed her because she couldn’t figure out how to cancel from her end. I don’t blame her, at this moment, this cannot be her top priority. But I’m high and dry. What support should I expect from the THS?

Firstly it’s a very sad situation. This is why plan Bs are so important for both parties because life happens. Sitters can’t cancel - which is why you were the only one who could unconfirm. I would contact THS directly to find out what support can be offered. Have you popped your sit on the last minute sits on the forum. I hope it works out.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @PixieChloe
Sorry to hear about this situation even though it is one of those extenuating circumstances, it’s still stressful for you .

Yes, you may well need to go to your back up plan of a paid sitter .
The good news is that as it’s within 14 days of the start of the sit , it should be covered by the Sit cancellation Plan which comes with your Premium Membership.

**To make a claim you must inform THS member services within 24 hours of the sit being cancelled **

You can call the **Urgent Support phone line **which is 24/7 - the number is on your dashboard . They will talk you through the process .

You will need to provide correspondence that proves it’s the sitter who asked for it to be cancelled ( screenshots of the messages ) and keep & submit all the receipts for the alternative care of your pets .

From tomorrow onwards (7 days before sit starts ) you can also advertise in the last minute section of the forum and you can ask THS to put it on social media too.

6 Likes

I absolutely would rather have somebody from THS since they do back ground checks. I had a great success so far and I’m a type of person who plans way in advance so this puts me under a huge pressure. Yes, life happens and the next time I should have a better back up plan. A lesson learned.

3 Likes