National Cat Day

‘TIME SPENT WITH CATS IS NEVER WASTED’’ :cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

National Cat Day is celebrated on October 29. It was created by Colleen Paige to bring awareness to the number of cats that need to be rescued each year. Cats remind us that just when you think they’ve lost interest in you, they’ll turn around and melt your hearts.

3 Likes

Buzzfeed.com has a “what kind of cat are you?” quiz.

I’m a ragdoll, although being a Scorpio I feel more like a black cat.

I’m happy to celebrate all cats today, and every day!

3 Likes

I only have amazing memories of my last 3 kitties, and although it’s been years since they passed, it does not diminish the love we received from them, as their caretakers. We rescued one kitten, then after a few days realized our little girl would be lonely when we were away at work. Called the vet who had taken in the litter, and he still had one little boy left. A month later, my brother was moving cross country and needed us to take in his one year old big boy. We went from no pets to three in a matter of months. The more the merrier!!! They brought so much joy into our lives, and easily acclimated to a Florida lifestyle when we ran away from New England. We are more than ready to begin full time retirement and part time pet sitting!!! Happy Cat Day all!!!

1 Like

@Colin could not resist sharing this pic :heart_eyes_cat:

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”

5 Likes