National Dog Day 2022 - Share & Celebrate Everything Dog

Everyday is Dog Day at TrustedHousesitters but today we help shine a light on those dogs who never get a chance to live their best lives and change ours, after all …

“Who Rescues Who?”

“Dogs should not have to lose their lives because of the atrocities they have been forced to endure at the hands of man”- Colleen Paige, Founder of National Dog Day

National Dog Day is celebrated August 26th annually and was founded in 2004 by Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert, Animal Rescue Advocate, Conservationist, Dog Trainer and Author, [Colleen Paige to bring attention to the plight of animals around the globe and encourage adoption.

​WHY AUGUST 26TH?
The date of August 26th is significant, as it’s the date that Colleen’s family adopted her first dog “Sheltie” from the local animal shelter, when Colleen was 10 years old

Find Out More >>> https://www.nationaldogday.com/about1

SHARE THE PICTURE OF A DOG THAT’S SPECIAL TO YOU OR SPECIAL JUST BECAUSE IT’S A DOG :dog: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dog:

6 Likes

National Dog Day …

This special day helps to create awareness for the number of dogs that, sadly, don’t have their ‘forever’ home and are in need of being rescued. If you’re a dog owner, self-confessed ‘dog person’, or find yourself daydreaming about the dog you hope to own one day, it’s days such as National Dog Day that remind us of just how obsessed we are with the animal known as man’s best friend.

5 Likes

My two Spanish rescues Pepe and Milo :paw_prints:

Pepe, our cuddley little one was born into a rescue centre in Spain after they saved his pregnant mother from the streets. He was one of five and thankfully all his siblings and his mum found their forever homes.

Milo, our wild, bouncy Podenco was abandoned with the rest of his litter in a box on the side of a road. Luckily they were saved and he found his way to us.

Pepe was absolutely delighted to have a brother as he just loves other dogs. They both have separation anxiety but having eachother definitely helps.

Happy National Dog Day my boys :heart: :paw_prints:

4 Likes

Such a lovely “scene” @Lucy-B, pups living their best lives, thank you for rescuing them. :heart: :dog: :dog: :heart:

The cat I’m looking after for my sister in law is certainly a risk taker. I am sleeping in the attic and opened the window at 6.00 am for some fresh air. The cat promptly jumped out onto a roof ledge and began whining about the predicament he found himself in…
Contemplating on my options of stretching down to grab him by the scruff of the neck or calling the fire brigade, he solved the problem by heaving himself back up onto the window sill with an athletic leap! Well by 6.01 am we were both well awake!
Cats!
Give me a dog any day!

2 Likes

Lucy stole our hearts while we were housesitting and looking after her on Catalina Island, off the coast of Southern California. We could not help but fall in love with Lucy, whose sweet and loving personality is impossible to resist. She is a surrendered rescue, currently in a foster home, but desperately looking for her forever home. We were told she had a rough life and has some separation anxiety. She is very people friendly and is good around cats and non-aggressive dogs. She loves to cuddle and wants nothing more than to be loved and petted. She desperately needs and wants safety, love, and stability. She is obedient and loves to go on walks and rides. She is fixed (spayed), vaccinated, micro chipped, and is around 7-year-old boxer/pit mix. If you have some room in your heart and home for this sweet girl, please reach out to the Catalina Island Humane Society ASAP!!! Please spread the word!!!

![IMG_20220610_155955978_HDR_2|331x500]

5 Likes

@Maryse thank you so much for sharing Lucy’s story. Do thankful that she is in a kind and caring foster home, having the companionship of amazing sitters like you and Jeff and if there is anyone in our community who could open their home and hearts or knows of someone who might, then please share and contact the shelter …, let’s bring Lucy home :dog::heart::dog:

2 Likes

Here’s the story of my amazing rescue pup Trooper! I adopted him from The Animal Pad dog rescue in June of 2020 during the pandemic. I know I’m the one who rescued him, but honestly he saved me as much as I saved him. Best decision I have ever made, I am so grateful to have this special, gentle, loving soul in my life. Happy National Dog Day everyone!

4 Likes

A petit Brabancon/Brussels Griffon…the best cuddler ever.

5 Likes

Such a beautiful and inspirational story of love, bravery and dedication @Julie_A … there can be no greater advocates for adoption and fostering than the pets themselves, every animals deserves to live their very best life and when we help them do that within a loving family, we truly rescue each other … My two wishes would be that they could talk and bee in our lives for much, much, longer.

Thank you for being you … :heart: :dog: :heart:

2 Likes

5 Likes