No applications received for sit in June

IThis is only the second time I have used this site. The first time I got a sitter almost immediately and it worked out great, the dogs loved their time with them. This time I had a sitter lined up who had to pull out for medical reasons. I reposted my dates but have not received any interest in 4 weeks. I realise that June is probably a busy time but I cannot change the dates as I am travelling to Scotland for my mother’s 90th birthday. Is there something on my posting that makes it unappealing to possible sitters, or is there something else I am doing wrong? Help!

Hello @Texasscot Welcome to the community forum, it is lovely to have you here.

So that other members of the forum can view your listing and give you helpful feedback and tips are you able to add your THS listing to your forum profile?

Here is how to do it:

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

If you need any help and would like me to add it for you then just let me know :smiling_face:

That’s pretty special! I hope that you manage to find a sitter soon.

I think I managed to do it correctly, thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Texasscot i just looked at your listing and it looks lovely! I’d be interested if I was in the US. You go into great detail about your two gorgeous dogs which is helpful. One thing I noted- you mentioned taking the dogs everywhere with you in your car as you have dog beds in etc. Will you be offering use of that car to your sitters? It would certainly he an incentive. Might also attract international sitters who would otherwise have to rent a car.

Lokstar thank you, yes I thought it had that the car would be available but I would double check that.

Apologies if I’ve missed it but can your dogs be left alone at home? If so, for how long?
I would say you have too many photos. I always suggest putting photos of the pets right at the beginning. Your home does look lovely and I cross my digits that you will find a housesitter. You still have plenty of time.
Good luck!

1 Like