Norma - New from Glasgow

Hi All
I’m new to this site. Joined Housesitters UK last year and have had the best time with sits from the Outer Hebrides to Devon.
Looking to travel further afield and perhaps chat to members with experience in Europe and beyond under their belt. Useful hints and tips especially on setting up alerts on suitable sits would be so appreciated.
Excited to have joined
Norma

6 Likes

Hi @NormaH - Since the new maximum 5 applications before the listing is paused rule came in the most important thing for getting accepted for a sit is speed - you have to be one of the first 5 applicants and for the more desirable sits they could go in literally minutes.
My advice is to set up your alerts on the App as you are notified instantly when a new listing shows this way - Alerts set up on the website are only notified each evening - but this is often too late and the listing could be paused before you have been informed that it is live.
If you get the alert respond IMMEDIATELY - If you notice there are already 3 or more applicants just press any letter on your keyboard and press ‘apply’ This will secure your spot in the top five - you can then send a short message explaining that you will send a proper application soon and give them an expected time that you will be able to do that.
Good Luck - and don’t forget to have your sound turned on so you know when a notification comes through! -

1 Like

Thank you so much for the tips. I will get to it!
Best
Norma

Hi @NormaH

On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s community. What Have been some of your most memorable pet sits? If you could go anywhere further where would be the first place you would ideally like to go for a petsit?

My suggestion is to first start by embedding your listing in your forum username/profile . That way experienced members can give you feedback on your listing content. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you. If you have any questions feel free to let us know, our community members as well as our Forum Team are always eager to help.

Kelly & the Forum Team

I haven’t yet applied for a sit since this new 5 pause applicants thing has begun. This is good advice for when we’re ready to apply for our next sit. Thank you!

Thanks so much Colin. Just trying to find my way around this. It seems pretty complicated! I’m taking inspiration from ‘practice makes perfect’ as you seem to have got it down to a fine art. Brilliant! Thanks, Norma

Ahh. still much quicker than the website though - I only use the website and get notified once a day around 10pm - I rely on friends that use the App to let me know when new listings appear that I may be interested in!

Hi @NormaH

Thank you for joining our community forum. You are going to find it is filled with answers to most, if not all, of your questions and enquiries.

My name is Debbie and I am one of the forum moderators, as well as a sitter member of TrustedHousesitters. I was an owner member for three years and have now moved over to a sitter membership, so I have insight into both sides of the memberships.

I am hoping this info will help you find your way around the platform and interest you to join in the conversations. It can be a little daunting and confusing at first, so we included this handy guide

How to use our Community Forum | TrustedHousesitters.com

Our members are connecting every day and the forum is a great place where you can get to know one another. Please take a moment to introduce yourself About the introduce yourself category - Introduce Yourself - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum by giving us as little or as much info as you prefer. If you are confused on what to say, we have some great suggestions:

• How long have you been a member of Trustedhousesitters?
  • Where is your home location?
  • As an owner, tell us about your pets.
  • As a sitter, please share with us where you prefer to sit (dream location, bucket list, etc.)
  • If presently on a sit, tell us about the location and the pets you are caring for.
  • Share pics of you, your own pets, or pets you have cared for or are caring for.

We are always here to help, so please don’t hesitate to message us with any questions or concerns. If you are not a member yet of TrustedHousesitters and want more info, we will be happy to assist.

Also, can I just ask how you came upon the forum and decided to join? I am always curious as to what drives someone to a certain site.

Have a great day!

Debbie – Forum Team Moderator

eHH

Thank you!
Norma

A post was merged into an existing topic: Conclusion Of Pausing Application Test - Updated Post

A post was merged into an existing topic: Conclusion Of Pausing Application Test - Updated Post