Our sit was cancelled by the host, how can we find another sit?

Hello @mam1996t This is a great observation and has been asked a few times before.

I’m happy to help explain how things work a bit more to help. The platform model is that owners post a listing and sitters apply, there is no feature on the platform for sitters to post looking for a sit for specific dates/locations so the forum last minute sit category for owners mimics how the platform functions.

Feel free to add a suggestion for the platform to offer a space for sitters to post sits on this topic

Sitters also have the option of setting up saved searches on the platform to be notified of new listings that match their dates/locations.

It’s also worth mentioning that with only a fraction of the platform members on the forum, the best place to find a sit or sitter is always via the platform. The forum is the place to come and find peer-to-peer advice and support. Sitters can always post looking for advice on what to do if they need to find a sit.

I hope that helps clarify things a bit better :slight_smile:

@pietkuip I agree that TrustedHousesitters does not want to share those details as it takes the privacy and safety of its members seriously. Part of the terms of using the forum is not to share phone numbers, addresses, emails etc as it is a public space and anyone can then access those details and potentially misuse them.

@Flor3jaar I’m sorry to take your post-off-topic slightly, but hopefully, that helps explain more about posting on the forum to find a last-minute sit. It sounds like such a stressful situation for you. Have you set up any saved searches for your dates and location?

Here is the how-to link to do that if you need help setting them up.

@Itchyfeet gave you some good advice and click here to contact Membership Services.

Good luck with everything! Please let us know how everything goes and also post back here if you have any more questions.