Overlapping dates pop-up

It is irritating to get the pop up. I often leave one sit and arrive at the next on the same day which looks like an overlap but isn’t.

5 Likes

On this topic, today I received this email, the tone and content of which really rubbed me the wrong way.

1. In the final 2 sentences, the suggestion is that there is only a black and white situation - either you have cancelled/resolved the overlap already or you should do so now. It leaves no room / acknowledgement of real and common scenarios that make sense for sitters to have an overlapping sit, such as a couple splitting up for a day or a transition day where we leave one sit that’s ending and travel to the next that’s starting same day. Just a simple “please double check your committed sits with overlapping dates to ensure excellent pet care” would make me feel a lot more respected and trusted. Or @Ben-ProductManager will there be any upcoming actual enforcement of no overlapping dates rule? Would be great to know in advance.

2. The T&Cs of not leaving a sit under ANY circumstances feels exaggerated and insensitive. So you’re saying there is no emergency that could warrant leaving a pet unattended at all? And what is the “instant lifetime ban” determined by? 1 complaint submitted by any host? Is evidence required, or an appeal process? And note there is 0 scenarios in the T&Cs that would result in an instant lifetime ban for a host, just sitters. Another instance of the power imbalance on this platform.

Taking on multiple sits at the same time puts pet pals and their homes at risk. Remember, when you accepted our terms and conditions, you agreed not to:

• Leave any sit early under any circumstances, especially where this results in any pet(s) being left unattended, without first informing the pet parent and giving them reasonable time to arrange alternative pet care. If you do, you will instantly receive a lifetime ban from the platform with no refund of membership fees paid;

• Allow any other person(s) to participate in the sit unless they have been approved in writing by the pet parent.

If this overlapping booking does not follow our agreement, please contact the pet parent so they can find an available sitter. If you have already confirmed the cancellation of a sit with the owner, you can safely ignore this message.

I agree, the tone is offensive, as is the fact that Ben refers to it as a ‘warning’ above. If they insist on this completely unnecessary pop-up, it could be more of a reminder to double check your schedule. And we should not be receiving it at all when we are not applying for a sit that overlaps.

3 Likes

What do you mean “currently”?

@Wildcolonialgirl I noticed that too and it’s concerning.

1 Like

If they carry on this way their membership will fall rapidly

It is not an overlap when you leave one sit and arrive at the next later that same day.

3 Likes

I have 2 sits that look like they overlap but don’t. The second is a return sit I was invited to and I can’t arrive until day 2 so the owners have made arrangements for day 1 but not altered the dates on the site. We have an agreement so the “official” dates are irrelevant. And owners find it really difficult to tweak dates … they have to unconfirm and repost the sit.

3 Likes

I received the pop-up warning when applying for a sit today. It wasn’t even close to being overlapped but the owner had multiple dates and one that I wasn’t applying for would have overlapped. Implementation needs some work.

3 Likes

There is no warning message anymore. TH just changed the rules and we can nolonger apply to any sits with overlapping dates.

Except now we aren’t allowed to apply tonsits with an overlap. I just tried to apply to an overlapping sit and TH has blocked me from sekecting the dates

abd they just chajged ut again so now we cant aply to overlapping dates at all. Customer service confirmed we nolonger have the ability to apply for overlapping sits even thoughbmany owners dont actually post accurate dates. We dont even have the ability to apply and ask if the dates are firm. 50% of owners change the dates so i am upset at TH’s decision to block us from applying to sits that could very well not even end up overlapping. Very few of my owners’ listings reveal the actual travel dates. Many dont have flights booked. Yet TH is mistakenly assuming the owner’s dates are accurate and that we sitters have bad intentions in applying for an overlap.

3 Likes

@Yvrblog , you are a bit late to the party with this information. Take look at this thread!

Hello, I want to ask you: if we have a pet sitting that overlap (for 1 or 2 day) on the TH system, but in the reality it’s all discussed with the next owner and he will leave later, so any pet will not be left alone and in the reality there is no overlap - will we have ban or sth like that automatically? Or only in case if the host will inform TH? I want to clarify that. Any host will be dissappointed, because everything is agreed, so I only want to precise if there is automatic lifetime ban…

And from your experience, if one pet sitting is finishing on 28th and the second is starting from 28th - does the TH system think it’s overlap or no?

System thinks it’s an overlap but it’s not. Just click through as long as the owners are aware.

I’ve also had it pop up when a homeowner has multiple dates listed and what I’m applying for doesn’t overlap, but one of their other sits does overlap, so that doesn’t apply either. That system needs a little work.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @catanka

The pop up has been discussed on another thread you may wish to read .

I believe that the system does think finishing on one day and starting another on the same day is an overlap - obviously if it’s all been discussed with the owners there’s no need for the sits to overlap in anyway so hopefully the system will be corrected so that it doesn’t count this as an overlap. One way to do this would be for the start and end times to be added to the system ( not just the date )

1 Like

The warning message is incredibly threatening!

Yet another example of THS not having much respect for sitters.

6 Likes

Unfirtunately you can’t click through anymore. TH just implemented a major rule change – you cant apply to overlapping sits at all now. i just got blocked from applying to an ideal sit and customer service confirmed no overlaps are allowed anymore

1 Like

@Ben-ProductManager
Work with owners, to flag sitters who have not completed sits. Please do not restrict the rest of sitters with a program change.
Even you suggested a fix, that owners go into their calendar and adjust the dates, will not work.
owner’s may not pick up the request to adjust
by the time the dates are adjusted, the 5 maximum application has happened
The owner who had to go in and make the changes is now unhappy due to the extra work.
time zones will kill your outstanding sitters.

Shut this overlapping dates down. This is not the solution to the few suggestions you received.

2 Likes

That happens to me too. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: