Pet sitting in the sitter's own home?

Hi
I was just sitting here wondering if there is ever a situation where the pet sitters look after pets in their own homes?

@SandiMac ,

That scenario never happens.

THS is an exchange concept.

The sitter sits, not for cash but in exchange for staying in the home hosts house.

If the sitter had the pets in their own home, the home host would be getting free pet care, but the sitter would be getting nothing from the deal.

6 Likes

I’ve looked after someone’s dog in my own home. They contacted me to see if could do a sit for them as their booked sitter had pulled out. I couldn’t do a home sit but agreed to help them out and have their dogs stay with me as it was short notice and they had flights booked. I’d say it’s unusual but not unheard of. They were very nice people who had been let down so I was happy to help.

3 Likes

@SandiMac What would be the benefit for the other party? Are you asking for someone to look after your pet in their home for free?

Oddly I see this scenario a lot on pet sitting facebook pages and people choose to do it (some even without asking for reimbursement) but ultimately this is pet boarding not sitting.