Product Update - March 2022

What about requiring a permanent address for sitters? It could be kept on file by THS and used by the HOs only if there is a justifiable reason to contact them post-sit, e.g. damage to the home. Just wondering…

the calendar setup is “backwards” in my opinion.

Rover.com allows you to sync with your google calendar, so anything I book, whether through rover or my personal calendar, those dates will show up as I’m unavailable, and s automatically synchronized with that calendar… i wish it was integrated the same way, Perhaps @Ben-ProductManager will look into how that’s done and can implement something similar?

Thanks @Ben-ProductManager for clarification.

Hi Amanda,
We have been sitting for several years now and we try to keep our calendar up to date. When we accept a sit, it seems to automatically cross off the dates on our calendar but as a sitter we can only put in the dates we are available to sit. This means our calendar might show we are free but we might not be free to sit e.g we weren’t free to sit over Christmas due to seeing family but we couldn’t cross out those dates. It would be helpful to have the option to put in not-available dates too. Perhaps that’s why sitters look like they are free but actually are not available.

3 Likes

Hi @meow this information is on the owner’s profile/listing information and not public.

Hi @Amanda_France, in most instances, our platform works best when Sitters reach out and apply to your dates. Or when inviting members who have favourited your listing. The calendar availability is often updated by full-time sitters, as you can imagine keeping the calendar up-to-date is a bit challenge/area for us to improve.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion will make a note and investigate this further as a future solution. :+1:

Thanks @Ben-ProductManager , that’s useful to know

1 Like

Thanks very much for the reply - very helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@meow seems like this is the same as with the mandatory pictures. New HOs will have to provide both, but older members don’t. That’s probably why you don’t get the address automatically.

Hi @meow
I have 5 planned sittings in my Dashboard. No addresses appear on the website.
When I look at my sittings on my app, 2 of them have addresses on. These show when I click on the main photo.
(Like you, I know the address before I commit. )
It is all so confusing

Hi @meow
I also have a sit confirmed for later in the year.
They are relatively new to the site but have had one set of sitters recently so you would think the address would be there. I cannot find it on the iPad or app and have tried clicking on the profile photo.

Hi @Itchyfeet this is currently for new owners and will pre-fill the welcome guide. It will take time for all the Sits to be updated and changes to be across the whole platform.

1 Like

THS had promised to look into the issue of sitters fearing that a negative review of a sit would generate a negative review of them, as a sitter. Many, many people have suggested a similar 'feedback/review system to that of AirB&B: is there any progress on this?

1 Like

Hi @LTD yes this is an area that we are looking into, and are currently in the researching and planning stage. It’s a sizeable piece of work that we need to do. Will update the forum when we have further news on this.

2 Likes

I wish the physical address of the sit was automatically provided once a sit is confirmed. Perhaps it is in the Welcome Guide, but I looked back at my 3 completed sits and my 5 upcoming sits, and none of the owners (past or future) provided a Welcome Guide. I had to ask for the address.

Great news, Ben, thanks!

(I deleted the rest because I see it was already asked and answered. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

There is a place under contact information in the Welcome Guide for phone, email and address. Some even include transportation information. The WG is pretty comprehensive when the HO take the time to fill it out in detail. It is time consuming but an invaluable tool.
Don’t shy away from asking for one, ever. Some will provide post haste but some need nudging. Once it’s done, it’s done.

@PVGemini I am a sitter who chooses to plan a video chat when arranging sits. In my conversation, I discuss the Welcome Guide and give a timeframe e.g. how many weeks before the sit to receive it that will work for me. Be clear that a Welcome Guide is necessary and expected. I have yet to have anyone have an issue with that. If the homeowner prefers to exclude certain information because of security concerns, we cover that too. Keep in mind that you are communicating so that you make an arrangement that works for both of you. It is not the homeowner dictating how they will set up the sit; it’s two-way communication.

1 Like

@Snowbird , how many weeks ahead of the sit do you request the HO provide the Welcome Guide to you? I have been somewhat vague, especially when the sit is several months away, and find myself having to send reminders.