Question about the money back guarantee and shorter notice sitting

Just found this sight and I am very interested in joining but we leave for vacation in 10 days. How likely am I to find a house sitter/dog sitter in that short amount of time if I join. And if unable to find a sitter from this site, would the money back guarantee still apply since I need one in less than 2 weeks?

2 Likes

I don’t believe the money back guarantee will apply to you as your listing needs to be up for two weeks.

You have a good chance of finding a sitter though. We often apply to short notice sits. But just in case, have a back up ready.

Where are you based?

1 Like

Your post will be marked ‘last minute’ to highlight its time importance. Many listings are similar to this - I think you have a very good chance of finding a sitter with 2 weeks notice

1 Like

Hello @wdnunes777 and welcome to our Community Forum thank you for joining and for posting your question, thanks also to @ChrisAndSuzeGoWalkies & @Colin for sharing their advice.

As @ChrisAndSuzeGoWalkies says there are sitters looking for short notice sits and there are a number of factors involved, your location, pets, length of sit etc.

I have sent you a DM and you’ll find great help and support from our forum members

Regarding the Money Back Guarantee:

“To qualify for the Money Back Guarantee, you must publish your listing a minimum of 14 days before the start of the first sit”

Thank you again for joining us and we look forward to welcoming you into our TrustedHousesitters community.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Definitely a chance to get sitters at short notice: I’ve seen offers for sits( marked ‘urgent’ ) starting within 48 hours. And as a sitter , two days ago I was ready to jump at any offer for next week after an owner cancelled.

3 Likes

Hmm… definitely some new insights here…

I thought four weeks notice was short already, but it seems like that’s considered long by some people… I wonder, is it better to advertise one of my usual sits (1-2 weeks) on short notice to pick up the ones that got turned down, or is it better to advertise real early, like three months ahead, so people have a chance to travel from faraway islands and stuff…

Sitters, advise me :slight_smile:
Elmar.

@elmi4711 you’ll find that one-size-fits-all doesn’t apply here. We are an eclectic mix of sitters, with wide-ranging preferences and situations. The pandemic has made most sitters also now adjust the way they do things. We are in a ‘new normal’ of how we approach sits.

I don’t think you should hold off on a listing so as to make it last-minute. @Therese can explain ways of promoting your listing, if you find there is little response.

If you post three months in advance, you should keep in mind that we are still in a pandemic, and flight rules and country access can change in a heartbeat. For that reason, considering people from ‘faraway islands’ that far in advance may cause headaches, if access to travel changes. I’m not saying to discount people for that reason, but just stay mindful that we are still in unsettled times.

1 Like

We are usually booked up six months in advance. We usually know where we want to be for the next 12 months so apply for sits in that area. However, there is always the chance of cancellations etc. so we are very grateful for sits posted later. I like to be organised.
It’s really whatever is good for you. Both ways work. The way THS is used by individuals is very different depending on the persons needs, wants, capabilities, mindset……… It’s up to you how you want to use it.

2 Likes

Hi @elmi4711 Agree with @Snowbird … and we all do have to adjust to the times, and everyone’s time frame will be slightly different.
We would always suggest you put your listing up as soon as you know your dates. You may have to boost it a few times over the period if you not getting the right responses, but then everything is set up to do this easily. Sitters may have cancelled sits at any stage, and then they are suddenly available for you. If you need boosting of your listing at any point, do come through to membership services who can help you do this. Warm regards Therese

2 Likes