Question about the money back guarantee and shorter notice sitting

Just found this sight and I am very interested in joining but we leave for vacation in 10 days. How likely am I to find a house sitter/dog sitter in that short amount of time if I join. And if unable to find a sitter from this site, would the money back guarantee still apply since I need one in less than 2 weeks?

1 Like

I don’t believe the money back guarantee will apply to you as your listing needs to be up for two weeks.

You have a good chance of finding a sitter though. We often apply to short notice sits. But just in case, have a back up ready.

Where are you based?

1 Like

Your post will be marked ‘last minute’ to highlight its time importance. Many listings are similar to this - I think you have a very good chance of finding a sitter with 2 weeks notice

1 Like

Hello @wdnunes777 and welcome to our Community Forum thank you for joining and for posting your question, thanks also to @ChrisAndSuzeGoWalkies & @Colin for sharing their advice.

As @ChrisAndSuzeGoWalkies says there are sitters looking for short notice sits and there are a number of factors involved, your location, pets, length of sit etc.

I have sent you a DM and you’ll find great help and support from our forum members

Regarding the Money Back Guarantee:

“To qualify for the Money Back Guarantee, you must publish your listing a minimum of 14 days before the start of the first sit”

Thank you again for joining us and we look forward to welcoming you into our TrustedHousesitters community.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Definitely a chance to get sitters at short notice: I’ve seen offers for sits( marked ‘urgent’ ) starting within 48 hours. And as a sitter , two days ago I was ready to jump at any offer for next week after an owner cancelled.

3 Likes