How late to invoke back-up plan?

Hi folks,

Newbie here. I had my first sitter organised, which I was so pleased about and they have cancelled so nerves are high!

There are two months until my holiday so am obviously hopeful of finding another sitter (sit is relisted, I think), but if I have to move to backup plan (a local cat sitting service who just visit twice a day so not much company for my girl), I will need to book it far enough in advance so they have availability, i.e. soon!

Wondering what others experience is of this in terms of how long to hold my THS nerve?

Also curious where I stand with the money back guarantee. I found a sitter with two weeks so the fee was duly taken as agreed, but sitter has now cancelled. Is that just me down £150 now even if I don’t find a replacement sitter because the 14 days have past?

Thanks all.

Jane

“Also curious where I stand with the money back guarantee. I found a sitter with two weeks so the fee was duly taken as agreed, but sitter has now cancelled.” In your shoes, I would contact customer support. They might be able to help you.

1 Like

I think with two months to go you still have plenty of time so no need to panic @theonlyjaneo . You can attach your listing to your forum profile if you’d like members to give you tips or how to make it super appealing. Lots of people only post sits a week or two before they are due to travel.

3 Likes

@theonlyjaneo Sorry to hear of your first experience with a sitter . I can understand the stress , but there is plenty of time.

First do contact member services as @Marion suggested . You do need to inform them so that they can keep a record that the sitter cancelled. Neither Homeowner or sitter should cancel unless for extraordinary circumstances.

The current THS system means that the cancellation is recorded against the Home Owner unless you notify member services .

You can also ask them about your very important question about the money back guarantee in this situation.

If you then add your listing to your profile as @Cuttlefish has suggested, you will get some helpful feedback and tips from this forum about how to find a sitter . Two months should be plenty of time .

@theonlyjaneo I took a look at your profile and I really don’t think you will have trouble finding a replacement sitter for Nala. She is cute as a button and your home is also very nice.

I would ask that you do contact Member Services to advise them about your sitter cancellation as they keep track of sitters who cancel without legitimate reasons.

I see you do have one application at present so hopefully that one will work for you.

Good luck!