Questions pet parents ask sitters during a videocall

Hi there, I am new in THS. I have posted a listing, and have selected 2 sitters to FaceTime with. I am not sure what questions I should ask and what is the expection of the sitter, so any advice would be great. Thank you so much in advance!
Kind regards,
Cris

1 Like

Hello @mrsbls and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations on getting to the stage of narrowing down sitters for your first listing, it’s great to hear that you have two FaceTime calls lined up. This is a great way for both homeowners and sitters to ask all the relevant questions and see if you all are going to be a good fit! I have attached a thread you should find helpful.

I just had a peruse of your profile and your kitties are adorable! :cat::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Hi @mrsbls ! Congratulations on posting your first dates.

I would use the sitter’s profiles as a starting point, as much of the info you need may be stated there.

As a sitter, I’m usually the one asking most of the questions, but take a look at this topic for suggestions of things you may want to cover.

List of questions homeowners may want to ask potential sitters

2 Likes

As a HO beforeI get into a chat:

I confirm the dates and arrival and departure logistics

Any deal breakers I listed like non smoker…not pets…no visitors

Travel with or without a "person "

Car issues

Cleanliness standards

And any pet issues we feel should be addressed up front

Then I ask if the sitter has any questions before just generally chatting.

I would also give my self at least a sit on it overnight/ a few hours before I offered a sit.

I start with my sitter questions as well when I am the sitter before a general chat, which are mostly similar.

(Ps y’all: I am not really looking for comments on my process. It works for me😊)

2 Likes

I like to get the details in (a) written message(s) so that there is no misunderstanding and no forgetting. The sitter can then refer to the messages if they need to.

1 Like