Rail stations, Airports and Coach Stations

When we are on the go, we have the opportunity to be in some incredible places. Many with a great deal of history, architecture and energy.
I am always looking, taking note as much as possible of what is around me.
I play mental games too and wonder about the people I see and the interesting, unique things that present themselves.

4 Likes

Again fab pictures @Amparo, would love to sit down one day with your camera and browse. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you. We can make that happen.

2 Likes

Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris

Either the train station in Lausanne, Switzerland or in Paris :woman_shrugging:t3:

Technically not a train station but it’s one of my favorite metro stations in Paris

Gare du Nord un Paris

Prague Train Station. The interiors of the old part of the station are beautiful!

Le Train Bleu Restaurant at Gare de Lyon is a great spot for a drink if you have time before your train.

This is a timely topic, @Amparo! I’ve been riding the rails in the UK this past week. I thought about taking a photo at London Bridge Station when I passed through this morning but was in too much of a hurry.

3 Likes

These are outstanding. Thanks @Mary-Kay
I just love how I feel when I am in this environment.
For me it symbolizes progression, movement towards something wonderfully alluring and unknown.

1 Like

« For me it symbolizes progression, movement towards something wonderfully alluring and unknown. » Exactly, @Amparo! :raised_hands: For me, train stations and airports represent possibility - the possibility to travel and experience new things. Plus, many are architecturally beautiful.

They also symbolize reunions. This was especially noticeable the first time that I was at an airport post-Covid.

3 Likes

Yes, I call it Freedom.
Sometimes we start our travels with a desire to run away from something but then we change and we realize we are no longer running away but rather towards something wonderful.

1 Like

The Metro, Washington DC

3 Likes

Just saw this and I am here in Arlington waiting for the train to DC right now!

2 Likes

Wow, that is astoundingly beautiful, @Provence

Victoria Station, London

Coach station in Glasgow, Scotland

2 Likes

Processing: 20211105_085754.jpg…

Anvers station in Belgium and its buffet (end of August)

4 Likes

Extraordinary and opulent. A delight to the senses. Merci!

1 Like