Travel from Charles de Gaulle into Paris

I’ll be arriving early in Paris for a sit, and want to find a hotel or room for one night before my sit begins. Any suggestions? It should be close to a metro or RER stop. Thanks!!!

Hello @jflaitz and a warm welcome to the Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

How lovely. Paris is such a beautiful location for a house sit. Which arrondissement will you be located in?

For reference you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by clicking Here and this will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback. :blush:

Is it better to take the Rossy bus shuttle from CDG into Paris or the RER/metro?

Maybe best to ask this question on Trip Advisor or Google, think that is a more appropriate course of action for your query.

1 Like

Hi @jflaitz your best option is the RER, you can easily get from Charles de Gaulle to Paris by taking an RER B train.
RER trains are the regional express services that run every 15 minutes between the airport and the city centre. The journey time is about 25 minutes to Gare du Nord and 35 minutes to St Michel on the fast trains but the slower trains can take approx 50 minutes. Hope that helps.

When I do that sort of thing, I look at a map online and see which hotels are closest to the sit. That way, I then take transit to the hotel and can easily walk over to the sit after I check out or when I head over for an intro and walkthrough or say a meal with the hosts before they leave.

This approach saves me making two trips via transit versus if you pick a hotel that’s not nearby. And that’s especially inconvenient if you’re traveling off hours, on holidays or with significant luggage.

And BTW, a simple Google search like “hotel near X address” quickly pulls up hotels with nearby prices and such.

I like to look on a map first, though, because it automatically shows me what else is nearby.

I always want to know my destination first, before picking which transit to use. That way, I can optimize by searching on Google maps, which shows all typical forms of transit. When traveling with luggage to somewhere new, saving myself even a few blocks of walking or wandering is worthwhile to me.

I recommend Ibis or Mama shelter, many people who travel told online it’s a good compromise and won’t break the bank ! They are close to public transport