Advice re transport in UK

Hello all
I arrive in Heathrow on Sept 12 from Zurich. My sit starts on Sept 13 at Barton Le clay in Bedfordshire. I cannot find any means of public transport to get there. Is there some halfway point I can get to from Heathrow and head to Barton Le clay the next morning.
I’m relying on Google maps while I’m still in Oz planning.
Cheers

You just plug in the addresses into Google maps and off you go. 2 hours from Heathrow to BLC. Elizabeth Line tube and then a Thameslink train and you’re there :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

I typed Heathrow to Barton le Clay into Google and it showed two buses with a change at Luton airport, taking under 2 hours

With you just having 1 day in between, you’re not going to go sight seeing with baggage and the hassle of wrestling with flight arrival times, so personally I’d aim to cover the majority of the distance when you arrive, and not a half way point. I’d aim straight for the area you are sitting in and stay there overnight, or even Luton area by train, and then at least you can have a proper nights sleep before starting your sit. Then you can taxi the short distance if need be the next morning.

2 Likes

Google maps is great as it has the “public transport” options within the directions part. I use it a lot.

Airbnb is showing a place in Barton le Clay for your arrival date. I often use Booking.com

You can see about staying overnight somewhere at the airport or anywhere along your route or destination if you wish. Also ask your hosts for suggestions, recommendations on both getting there and where to stay.
The agents at the airport and stations are fabulous with assistance.

1 Like

You can get some budget airport hotels along bath road at heathrow @Karen65. The only thing to be aware of is to allow a few hours of travel into London to get the train to your destination or jump on a bus at the central bus station at Heathrow. You could stay in central London near Kings cross for a train to Barton Le Clay but hotels in this area usually come at a high cost unless you are happy with a hostel.

Thank you everyone for hand info in response to my question re transport from Heathrow to Barton Le clay

Multiple options

I noticed an Airbnb currently listed in B-l-C at a reasonable price