Finding a sit

I’m having a hard time finding a sit inside the cities in UK. My search has: any pet, any date, city, accessable by public transportation, apartment and I’m still looking at homes with a driving distance of cities.
I’m not sure how to find these in the UK.

@Fuzzbrain .
You will find more sits in U.K. cities by not limiting your search to an apartment only . Do a search for a specific city by name and then sort by distance .

I just tried doing this on your behalf for these cities : Cardiff, Edinburgh, Bristol, Oxford, Cambridge, York . These are all great cities to visit in U.K. and all currently have live dates listed for sits close to ( within a mile) the city centre.

Please tell us on the forum how you get on with finding a sit in U.K.

2 Likes

Hi @Fuzzbrain

I can see 27 sits in what I would class as central London, some with low applicants. Are you sure you haven’t inadvertently got a filter switched on when you search? I had a look through a random handful of these and there look to be some good ones, close to the tube if you want to get into the west end, which is one of the main tourist areas. You would not want to use a car to get into or around Central London – it is hectic, with various charges to pay for the privilege of participating in the motorised mayhem! You will have a far more relaxing experience using public transport to travel, and this network also extends out beyond the M25, opening up sits in the home counties to you as well.

Have a look on tfl.gov.uk to download a tube map of London – I would say that anywhere in zones 1 and 2 is pretty central. Bear in mind that this map only shows the underground system. There is also a rail network which will have you straight into Charing Cross/London Bridge mainline stations within 30 minutes from approximately 25 miles outside of central London – this could be quicker than using the tube to get from point A to point B within London. Try googling ‘best London commuter towns’ to get some ideas, and visit nationalrail.co.uk for journey times and prices. Some mainline stations that are outside of central London are still within zone 6, which I think would save you money on fares, as they are still considered part of the London transport system so a travel card would cover you not only to travel into London, but also around London once you are there (rather than a train ticket to get into London, plus a travel card once you are there). Here’s a link to see those zone 6 stations on a map:

3 Likes

@Fuzzbrain

I agree with @Silversitters , your ‘apartment’ filter is probably the issue. Much of the UK city accommodation is houses

3 Likes