Recognition of Our Special Hosts

Hello Fellow Community Members
I hope this is a topic that many of our sitter friends can contribute to. I wanted to recognise my current hosts who returned midway through their trip to seek medical attention for an old injury. 1st leg was 1wk in Hobart, Tasmania with family. 2nd leg was going to be 1wk at their sea view holiday home in Tuross Head, NSW. As they were unable to continue the next leg of their trip, and they were concerned about having to cut my stay short, they very kindly suggested (and strongly encouraged me) to stay at their holiday home instead of them for the week until my next sit. So, I am sitting here enjoying their peaceful beach home with a magnificent view as I write to all of you! Feels very strange not to have pets to care for, yet so appreciative of their thoughtfulness. I look forward to reading your stories about your kind and caring hosts who genuinely appreciate you. Warmly, Lisa

24 Likes

What a lovely story and very kind of HO.
Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Thank you Provence - flattered you have responded to my first post as I’ve been busy reading many of yours given your range of badges and sitting at the top of the contribution list! Good to e-meet you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks Windtalker… I hope we hear many more lovely host stories in this category. Kindness takes us all a very long way :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Yes its nice to hear lovely stories.
Instead of doom and gloom.

3 Likes

Hi Lisa @92coppin Welcome to our community forum, what a very special place you have found yourself in thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience, such thoughtful kindness.

Our community is built on mutual respect and appreciation and with animals at the very heart of our community magic happens, I’ve experienced it so many times over the years as have many of our members.

We cannot wait to get know you better and share in more of your TrustedHousesitters stories and journey.

Thank you again, enjoy the peace and your little spot of heaven …
“The beach, the only place where salt lowers your blood pressure”

Have a great weekend.

Angela and the Team

4 Likes

Welcome 99Coppin, lovely to hear your story. We just joined the forum recently and it’s lovely to hear from nice people. We’ve had some great house and pet sitting adventures and looking forward more. Stay safe.

2 Likes

Yes Mags, it’s a great life as a sitter and this is a terrific forum for us all to share so freely! Thanks for connecting with me :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks Angela for the warm welcome. You know I’m going to use that great little lowering your blood pressure’ quote now, don’t you! :grin:

2 Likes

Hi! We’re not too far away from you atm &send a fri eve ello :slightly_smiling_face:.

Tuross head’s close to some very nice &quiet beaches…except atm during school holidays :roll_eyes:. If you’re keen for a long beach walk, head from Moruya heads surf club south :+1:. If you have a look at the Capra app, the runs can be shifted to walks esp in that area.

Enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@TheMapleKiwi @92coppin … opportunity to “lower blood pressures” together?

For anyone wondering there’s a quote which says
“The Beach … the only place where salt lowers your blood pressure”

download

7 Likes

That’s a helpful tip about the Moruya beach walk - thanks.
It’s about 5yrs since I’ve been to this region. We holidayed at Potato Point for years when my sons were kids. A little piece of heaven on NSW south coast!
Regards, Lisa

2 Likes

I responded via email rather than through the THS app/ site (as we’re given the option) for that reply. It happens that my emails have my name and number as a signature block. Thanks for mentioning it. I’ll have to remember to delete my signature block if using the email option in future.

2 Likes

Hi RunnerC I’ll be doing the Moruya Heads Surf Club walk on Wed before I drive back to Canberra. Thanks for your Capra app recommendation - perfect for several people I know so have alerted them to it too. Many thanks again, Lisa

2 Likes

I love knowing there are such wonderful people, helping each other, sharing community, who met through this site and experience. Bravo!

3 Likes

Great story. We have found people are so friendly & helpful. We spent several months doing different sits in Devon, when my husband changed jobs ( a great way to discover a new area). Our first sit looking after a dog & cat was for several weeks & we got to know the owners really well & they are now good friends. They were really kind & helped us out twice when we had gaps in our sitting, by letting us stay at their family holiday home for free! We are looking forward to being able to petsit again soon.

3 Likes

Hi @AHartyAdventure … fab name and has it been, A Harty Adventure? Thank you for the lovely introduction and if you are still in Devon what a wonderful place to be. We are all looking forward to petsitting again, it’s been a long time away from our pets, people and places.

Enjoy connecting with other members from around the world and sharing in each other’s Adventures … Harty Adventure.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Thanks Angela, sorry to take ages to respond. Just entered semi retirement with my husband, so looking forward to having more time to join in with the forum. We are looking forward to getting our Harty adventure underway again following the lifting of some of the restrictions and having more freedom to sit.

2 Likes

No need to apologise at all, we are just happy to have you here … Happy pet sitting retirement!

That was so kind of the HO to make sure you were covered when they had to return early. What a great tribute to them.

1 Like