Reminders for sitters to reply to HO/PP

I think this issue with a timely reply to messages affects both sides of the membership base, and it comes down to how each individual member uses the platform and if they are the type of person in ‘real life’ to reply promptly or not. Plus there can always be unexpected life factors that the other person is not aware of, ill-health etc.

The terms state a reply within 72 hours and the Code of Conduct states an agreement to reply - I know many members might not read or remember that!

THS is always open to suggestions on how this can be improved, feel free to add ideas here:

I also think we need to remember that applications and invites are only the initial step, it is the only way for members to connect and ask questions that are perhaps missing on a listing or profile or to clarify anything that is important to them. You might find out more and then realise the sit or sitter isn’t for you or will not work for whatever reason. That’s why you can withdraw your application or invite and decline a sitter. Hopefully, relieving the frustration of applicants not being the right fit for you.