Remote Work Ideas

It’s been a few years since I worked with Allegis, but it was fairly flexible. There is (was) a minimum page requirement each week, but it’s fairly low if you’re an experienced typist and once you have a little experience. You can work 24/7, with some rare exceptions, so it’s very flexible in that way. I would recommend you check out the company at allegistranscription.com. Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Vixstar. Just ran across this old thread, but curious how you had gotten on. The world is so much more open to remote work these days. Sounds like many options were given already! If you (or others) are still looking for remote work ideas, perhaps I can dig up some that haven’t been mentioned.

1 Like

Hi @Vixstar
There are plenty of options for you. You can freelance via a number of websites your skills like fiverr or upwork.
There are companies that will employ remote workers.
Of course there’s lots of remote work you can teach yourself.
I run my companies remotely and have been doing so for over a decade now before digital nomads was a thing. There’s lots you can do with good wifi and a laptop today.

2 Likes

Yes, teaching is great. I teach languages through a platform called italki. There are lots of others like it.

2 Likes

I see so many posts here from sitters, lots of nomads usually but not exclusively, who say they are working remotely while on sits and I would like to know…how can I do one of these jobs? What are you all doing and can I do it too? Sounds excellent, as I was never work-shy, I just hated having to be somewhere at specific times to do work stuff :joy:.

2 Likes

Hi @Saltrams,

I have been a remote worker since 2018 and my husband has been remote since 2015. What I’ve found is that there are PLENTY of websites out there that list a variety of remote jobs available in almost all career paths/fields. Here’s a site that gives a good run down of many of these sites to search for remote work.

I have also taught English online to little kids through a website called VIPKids. Depending on your location and education you can get $20-$25. I’ve been a virtual assistant and got those jobs through UpWork. It’s all mostly just a matter of effort and finding a niche with the skills that you have. I won’t lie it can take a LOT of time but if it’s something you really want I think it’s completely achievable. I would start by asking yourself what skills do you have? and is there anything new you can learn that would help your application stand out from other applicants. I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have about remote working/traveling etc.

5 Likes

Thanks @Kelly! I had no idea & TBH my question was a bit frivolous as I thought everyone is a Web Designer or software engineer. However, your answer has really made me interested to look further.

I work as a freelance translator & content writer and my partner teaches English online.

As @Kelly says, Upwork is a great way to find gigs.

3 Likes

I’m an editor for a digital marketing SEO firm. I got the job originally on Upwork but moved off site very shortly thereafter.

I’ve also done book editing through Upwork, but like others said, it can take a long time to get those jobs and I’d rather spend my time doing something else!

A friend of mine recently got a remote job on there writing copy for chat bots. So there are lots of tasks that don’t require any skill in programming.

4 Likes

@Saltrams you may want to read through the suggestions on this post:

3 Likes

I love coding! But yes, with COVID, now there are sooo many remote options for jobs you might be surprised about. I don’t know where to start looking … Indeed.com?

Incidentally, a friend told me her company is looking for “Product Analyst (FULLY REMOTE),” which is what she does. I honestly have no idea what that means or how well it pays, but you can DM me and I can send you the link. You may have to be a U.S. citizen, but hey, you can easily find that out.

3 Likes

Remote working is great, but do investigate the tax legalities if you’re planning on working overseas. If you’re out of your home nation for long enough and residing elsewhere, you may qualify as being ‘tax resident’ there and therefore you’ll be required to submit two tax returns; one for your home country and one for your host country. It’s very much the downside to working wherever you please!

2 Likes

I work for a well known worldwide holiday provider remotely, my contract is Spanish which is my country of residence although I am a UK citizen.

My employer allows me to move around and work from countries outside of Spain, obviously within the time constraints for me to satisfy my Spanish residency.

The only real consideration for me is time difference! I’m currently on a sit in Portugal which means my working day starts and ends an hour earlier than at home.

My role is customer service, which is my background, it’s a very ‘normal’ job :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Andalucia! Welcome back and thanks for giving us a peek into your remote work world.

1 Like

My first remote working involved an online classified ad site a business partner and I started in 1994! (Yes I’m an old fart!).
I now co-own a couple online training companies, a marketing company and a security company. I’ve worked from laptop and phone since I started my nomadic lifestyle in 2009 when I sold my UK house and lived in Lanzarote for a few years working remotely.

3 Likes

Thanks for all of these posts. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out remote work. I am a retired art teacher from the US and I also have a TEFL certification to teach English. I will go check out Upwork right now. I appreciate this forum. So helpful!!

3 Likes

This is an Avenue I’ve considered taking myself. Currently finalizing my website to start offering my services! Stepping out on faith.

2 Likes