Rental Cars in UK- Good news!

We just oaid £371 for 1 week 30/3-6/4/23 one way rental in the UK from York to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne with full waiver through Europcar & thought that wasn’t too bad given how much hire cars were a year ago in Australia.

1 Like

Welcome to my home country, Malaysia. I hope you enjoy your stay there.

2 Likes

We’re back in the UK for another adventure and researched hire cars before we left Australia as we are doing a sit in rural Scotland where there is no public transport and we want to rent a car for 3 weeks one way rental Liverpool to Edinburgh in May/June.

We used Europcar & Enterprise last year, both for one way rentals, and had no problems with them. Unfortunately their prices have not dropped from 12 months ago. We searched many companies online including brokers like rentalcars.com and Skyscanner and all the cheapest prices were coming up from Green Motion. We were about to book a Green Motion car until we read their online reviews. Touted as the worst car hire company in the UK in 2023! We dodged a bullet!

We ended up with a great deal through Celtic Legend with 24 days being cheaper than 21 days and cheaper than all the others. They don’t require any payment in advance or even a credit card to secure the booking. Hope there is a car when we turn up! Their email communication has been great. Cars are supplied through Arnold Clark, a reputable car hire company. Will let you know how it all goes after June.

3 Likes

Oooh I must check it out Crookie, I definitely want to hire this trip but not at current prices. You are visiting two of my favourite cities - Liverpool and Edinburgh. :smiling_face:

1 Like