Review Request vs Can reviews just happen naturally?

@jcvbva Congratulations on your most recent 5 star review. :clap:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

If you still have the previous 4 hosts contact details, I would perhaps try and send them a WhatsApp explaining the importance of a review for you. It may be that life simply got in the way and they were overlooked so a gentle reminder now might sort it out. Good luck.

@jcvbva 20 reviews is pretty good! I have done 24 sits and got 21 reviews.
One sit was bad and I am glad that they didn’t review me.
The other two missing reviews? I have no idea why. They were both home owners who never contacted me again after I left the sit, but for me everything went well and I reviewed them.
If you meet lots of different people, you just can’t count on all of them being nice, kind or on the same wavelength as you.

@andrealovesanimals yes and human nature dictates that not all are alike or see the importance of various things. Just as some folks love a clean home with everything in it’s place while others can’t see dust, clutter, etc. It’s just not something that matters.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Home owner hasn’t left a review

@DraggyDays days I agree. I just finished my first sit and sent the request for a review. Since it was my first sit, getting the reviews for the site matters to me as I only have external reviews at this point. Instead of a review, she replied to my review (which was very nice!!) however, I don’t see that reply showing up on my page. I still see that the review request was sent. How do you mention to them how to do this so that I can get an actual review for the profile page? Or am I missing something?

2 Likes

This also happens to HO’s. We left a review for our sitter the next morning after arriving home. She was great and out pets loved her. She was very sweet, compassionate, and kind. She left our place tidy and we wanted to share how awesome she is. However, she said that she didn’t know how to leave a review for us in return.

A request to THS: Can automatic messages go to both inboxes after a sit is finished so that both parties can receive a review?

Hi @Ckone2541. At 9am on the day after my latest sit ended, I received this in my email:

So yes, TrustedHousesitters does automatically send reminders to sitters, too.

1 Like

Tysm for your reply. I didn’t know that sitters got an email. Kinda makes me think… I thought the sit went well-so much so that the sitter and I had spoken about her sitting for us in the future again during a post sit phone call. I hope she was happy here if anything. We did our best to make her comfy and welcome.

1 Like

@Ckone2541 Don’t worry too much at this point! THS communication is not spot on. It often happens that some notifications go out and others not. It could also be related to her opting out of messages.
You can tell her to head over to her THS account, and select the header Feedback (not Reviews) and then she should see your listing sitting there, waiting to be ‘reviewed’. It is not hard, it’s just a drag to get the right place the first time. We have all commented on the poor user interface at the beginning, but you get used to it.
Send her a text message and ask her to review by leaving feedback (and tell her the steps).

1 Like

Ah tysm. I will def do as you suggested. The site’s interface does make it a “learn as you go” process. Thank you for the suggestion. This sit was actually our first time (both the sitter and I,) so this definitely helps.

Have a wonderful day!
:grin:

3 Likes

Thank you for that! I will use your suggestion.
Stay Furever Pawsitive
Tammie

1 Like

@DraggyDays, thank you for your suggestion! I sent the additional email in a text. The reason being they had no upcoming sits and I figured they may not check the site as often if this were to be the case. Within 10 minutes I received a 5 star review for my first sit!

I do mention to people that I’m sitting for in conversation over Zoom or Facetime that I really will appreciate a review because as a newcomer to THS, most homeowners look at those to decide who should sit for them. They all agree and I’m hoping I get one each time with your little nudge advice.

Thank you again!

Tammie AKA Furever Pawsitive

4 Likes

Does the pp get a reminder then? Thank you

I am getting reminders to review a sitter that finished at my house yesterday.

Does the sitter have to review first or can HO?

1 Like

Either party can go first.

1 Like

We always wait for the HO to review first

1 Like

@Lokstar yes im waiting but nothing. Bit upset as HO omitted to tell me something key about one if their dogs. Can i click off the review reminder and go back to it?

1 Like

Hi @MarieHuggins yes you can send a request review. Have you tried sending them a WhatsApp or similar to ask them if they could complete a review & explaining the importance of this? It could be that they just haven’t got around to completing it yet or life has simply got in the way and they need a reminder.

@Samox24 yep. Whatsapp monday and she sent thumbs-up up

1 Like