Reviews not reciprocated

Hi Purdie,

Just interjecting. =) It sounds like you haven’t had a bad sit yet, so one option is to just cross this bridge when it comes. And any questions then you can ask on the forums again. =)

That said, here are some off-the-cuff thoughts:

1. If something felt wrong with a sit, was it a one-off or likely to repeat?
  2. Did you notify the HO (e.g., message, email, voice chat), and do you feel they will make it a non-issue for future sitters? (e.g., WiFi didn’t work, but in the future it will)
  3. There’s the score/stars and then the text. The stars are probably the most important. Dinging even one star stands out.
  4. HOs can reply to feedback, so you shouldn’t feel too afraid to be honest.
  5. Maybe there will be an improved system in place by the time this comes up. TH definitely knows that many people don’t like the system.
  6. What’s the point of doing something?
    1. You want to convey constructive criticism to the HO to help future sits go better. In theory, this can be done privately.
    2. You also want to convey information to potential sitters to help them gauge a sit. In that case, you may have to write some constructive comments in the feedback (and maybe lower a star). Like if the pillows were lumpy, say, “For some reason, I couldn’t get used to the pillows, so consider bringing your own.” (Unless the HO already said something like, “Oh! I’ll try to get more comfortable pillows/choices next time!” Then I’d skip the comment in the feedback.)
    3. If anything’s really bad, you’d report that to Membership Services.

Trust in yourself.

“When you grow up you tend to get told that the world is the way it is and your life is just to live your life inside the world-try not to bash into the walls too much, try to have a nice family life, have fun, save a little money. But life-that’s a very limited life. Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact. And that is everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it-you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use.”

4 Likes