Reviews not reciprocated

Hi I’ve recently had two great sitters, on separate occasions, and I gave them both 5* reviews which I thought they deserved. However neither have responded with a review for us. There was no indication of any big problems. I’ve started to think something was very wrong and they don’t like to say. Previously we’ve had 5* reviews as owners. I don’t like to ask for reviews in case they’re bad but it’s worrying.

1 Like

Can you message them and ask them the reason why they haven’t done the feedback and perhaps for some private feedback if they feel there was a problem in some way? At least you would be aware?

4 Likes

It may be a coincidence but perhaps they aren’t aware of how to leave feedback. I think you can request it from them via a link in the website.
In the early days I can’t remember having the facility to leave feedback for owners but then I always replied to their review of me.

2 Likes

How was communication with the sitters when you were away and after you returned home? i.e. was there any indication they were unhappy or did they express that they enjoyed the sit? The lack of response could just be down to the sitter’s circumstances as opposed to anything that was wrong with the sit itself.

I’ve had to ask several times. It does make you wonder if there was a problem but in every case they’ve ended up leaving glowing reviews. I do ask them to let me know if there was anything that might have improved their stay and a few have sent notes in private. It’s always small details that don’t need reviewing like “we couldn’t find your cheese grater” :joy:.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Perhaps I’ll message them. The first one was fed up with THS after her previous sit was in a dirty house and the pets were flea-ridden. She did ask me if I could get someone else as she wanted to go home (overseas)but it was too short notice and the occasion was my stepdaughter’s wedding. Both sitters were friendly and we got on well with them. Both sent feedback and photos while we were away. We picked the first lady up from the station when she arrived and had bought her some groceries and a bottle of wine. The second was lovely and friendly. We have only been home a week after the second sit so maybe it is too soon to expect a review.

2 Likes

Definitely reach out to them to see if there was an issue, or if they have just gotten busy and not left a review. Future sitters are able to see that they have not left reviews and it will likely be a red flag for them. If I see that multiple sitters have not left reviews for a homeowner, I am concerned that there are problems- even if it is not the case. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks I will

Best of luck with the messaging and directly contacting them.

You don’t get a reminder to leave the HO feedback which could be one reason, they’ve both just forgotten. Also there’s often debate on here about the fact that an HO “reviews” the sitter but the HS only offers the HO “feedback”. If there was nothing you could improve on then perhaps they don’t feel the need to feed back? (Personally I think it should be a review each side like Airbnb but that’s for another thread :rofl:) No news is good news and all that.

5 Likes

I find it odd that the “Congratulations on your 5 star review” email asks the sitter to review THS (the company) rather than the HO. And there’s never a reminder to the sitter to leave feedback (agree this should be review, not feedback). I make a point of leaving feedback but that may not be something sitters always think about.

5 Likes

I emailed member services about this because when we finished our first sit, I accidentally reviewed the home owners on Trustpilot at first, because I was confused by the email. If you look at the TP reviews, you can see that a lot of other people do this as well.

1 Like

Yes, the Trustpilot reviews are misleading - to THS’s benefit. People are reviewing each other, not the company itself. It would be like me reviewing a man that I met on a dating site, and it being posted as a review of the dating site :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think it’s deliberate but it’s not particularly helpful for people reading the reviews.

1 Like

It can be confusing for the sitters to find the location on the website for Feedback. Then you forget. I agree with those who said to send a gentle reminder. :slightly_smiling_face:

It may be that they do not realize rating the homeowner is available. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am new to Trusted House Sitters and received 5* rating and I did not know I was suppose to review the Homeowner.

1 Like

I am new to THS and I was not aware how to leave feedback on the homeowners. I would love to leave a 5 * review for the homeowner but I do not know how.

1 Like

Hi @contentmentpond365. I’m so glad you asked this, because this is a topic that comes up from time to time as new TrustedHousesitters members join the forum.

Here’s where you can find the answer:

3 Likes

Hi @judif, if you haven’t done so, I would request Feedback from your sitters officially by going to your Dashboard (on computer) and click on dropdown arrow near your photo then click on Feedback. On the left you will see Request Feedback so click on that and the 2 sitters should appear so then click to request. If using the app, click on Me at the bottom, then Feedback then My Feedback where it should come up for you to request.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like