Rubbing salt in the wounds?

-Note to THS-…

( sobs) … Just the one notification of rejection would have been sufficient

1 Like

Sorry Colin you were…………

2 Likes

@ElsieDownie - It’s lucky I can cope with rejection :rofl:

9 Likes

I don’t think you were successful Colin :weary:…plenty fish in the sea…

6 Likes

I think three was the most I got, but over a number of days.
It was when the UK roadmap had just been published, and I’d applied for many sits for the summer. My heart sank every time before I realised they rejections were duplicates.
It’s horrible

1 Like

Hi Colin … Oh dear we feel, I feel your pain … I’ve had them too :sob:

Unfortunately this is a bug the tech team are having difficulty replicating even when a member reports it to us and so fixing is problematic also … the team are working to resolve, it might just take a little longer … you are not alone and we do understand.

2 Likes

Hello,
I also received 7 notifications of reject for one sit I applied and 1 for dates I didn’t apply (for the same owner) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Hello fellow THS members and staff. I didn’t know how to title my topic so I am expressing my feelings!
I am feeling irritated by messages received from THS! This is what’s happening…
Yesterday I received a very nice message from a lady in UK inviting us to sit for her. It’s always nice to be picked out and invited and it’s happened often. Only once, so far, have we been able to take up an invitation (a wonderful villa sit in the south of France!) But in this case yesterday we had to decline as we are committed elsewhere. We had a nice little exchange & wished each other well. End of story. Or it should have been!!
This morning I received notification on my App that my application was declined by **. I also received an email with the wording ‘unfortunately you were not successful in your application to sit for **’ and another message with the highly irritating wording 'It’s a little unfortunate!!!
If these message come following a genuine application where we were not chosen it’s OK (although the ‘its a little unfortunate’ message drives me mad every time- its so annoying and should be dropped completely!
But what we don’t like is that these messages also come every time we decline a sit we’re invited to but which we DID NOT APPLY for! It triggers us every time. As far as we are concerned the dialogue between us & the host is sufficient and does not require all this unnecessary notification from THS!!
What do other sitters think about this?
And maybe membership services can explain it too?!!
Sorry for the rant but got to get that off my chest! Thanks for listening.

3 Likes

I have to say they neither put me up nor down. It’s the system and I live with it. I have more important things to worry about than irritating messages from THS.
Elsie

2 Likes

Hi @Lokstar , this has been discussed in previous threads. You are not the only one who finds these messages off-putting.

1 Like

Hi @Lokstar, we understand your frustrations other members have also reported this, unfortunately there is a glitch in the system which the tech team are working to correct.

1 Like

Thanks Angela, Glad the team is working on it.
It’s good to know I’m not the only one baffled and annoyed by notifications we’ve been unsuccessful in securing sits we turned down. Last week a confirmed repeat sit had to cancel due to travel restrictions. I reminded them to cancel the sit on their end because I was concerned that the THS algorithm would object to new applications when I already had a confirmed sit for the same dates. They pulled down their listing and I promptly received a notice that I hadn’t been chosen. It is definitely off-putting.

2 Likes

Thank you @Happyhousesitter we understand how off putting this can be … the team are working on it.

1 Like

So sorry Colin, but thank-you for sharing!!

I have no triggers I just keep moving on.

Post closed as this was an old “bug” that has since been fixed. Thanks to all contributions :slight_smile: