"Share This Listing"?

If I click an pet-sit advert to ‘share this listing’, if the person is not a member will they see the whole ad as I see it as a fully signed up member, or does it simply try to tempt them to sign up, by only revealing a small part and the rest takes them down a marketing route?

Thanks

@HappyDeb I just did a quick test on myself and logged into my free account.

I sent a listing to my email (not the same email address I use for my THS account) and then opened the email and clicked on the listing:

As long as I was logged into my free account it let me view the full listing and asked me to get membership to apply.

If I was not logged onto the free account, it asked me to create an account. Once I had created a free account I could view the listing as above.

I hope that helps!

I tested this on my laptop with an incognito browser (so not logged into any accounts).

If you directly link the listing’s URL, the listing is viewable. However, if I navigated around (like clicked on “< See all house sits” and then hit the back button to return to the original page) it did prompt me to log in and I was unable to read the listing again.

I think the popup that blocks unregistered users only triggers when you are clicking around the site, so linking the listing directly should make it readable to whoever you’re sharing with.

2 Likes

Great, thank you so much