Sits gone by the time I receive an alert

Not my experience at all. I seem to be getting mine instantly (or thereabouts). How do I know? Because when I click on the enclosed link, there are only 0-1 applicants, and I can easily apply to the most desirable sits that typically vanish within a couple of minutes.

@RadarInc that is my experience as well, I do seem to get them immediately :person_shrugging: Maybe they are all delayed by an hour, for everyone? Who knows

@RadarInc It’s not immediate. I’ve been on the website and seen new dates for listings I’ve favorited pop up. I don’t get the notifications until as much as a few hours later. I get notifications daily for sits that are already reviewing due to this delay.

1 Like

This is link to a thread where we tried it out. With @Shella_in_the_Forum as a home owner, she published twice a new listing.

The first time there was a delay of five minutes.

The second time there was a delay of 34 minutes.

Maybe one could try to reproduce this experiment, with more participants.

1 Like

@pietkuip count me in if a test group starts.
I have the time to play and a HO listing in the US, EST

@HelloOutThere Great! I think it is best when you with your combined account announce this. Maybe here, maybe in a new thread, or continue in the other thread that I linked to. It does not require much planning, but it would probably give best results if you can announce in advance in the forum the time that you would post new dates for your listing.

I have now created a Saved search in the app for Hollis. And I favourited your listing, in the web interface. I am still not quite sure if it makes a difference whether one does that in the app or on the web. That is something that I would like to find out.

Cool.
Right now I am on a four day road trip home…driving and no computer access.

I will follow up when I am settled!

1 Like

Hi @Shinding this happens all the time for me. It happened today actually. Whats up with that @Carla

Hey @pietkuip
Ready to embark on some Ethan Hunt type mission!?

My suggestion is for you to delete all saved searches and favorites related to my listing on both the app and web and let’s start “fresh.”

I think testing in phases would be good.

Testing the app - make sure notifications are turned on.
phase 1:
save my listing as a “saved search” only.
Coordinate timing
Then I will post dates.
Review results. Discuss.

Phase 2:
Deleted the app saved search.
“favorite” my listing on the app
Coordinate timing then I will post dates.
Review results. Discuss.

Decide if we want continue testing.

Testing the web site.
Make sure email alerts are turned on.
delete the “favorite/saved searched” from app.

Phase 3
On the web site, save my listing as a “saved search” only - no “favorite” saved on the web.
Coordinate timing
Then I will post dates.
Review results. Discuss.

Phase 4:
Deleted the web saved search.
“favorite” my listing on the web.
Coordinate timing then I will post dates.
Review results. Discuss.

End testing.
Savvy?

Good plan!

I have now unfavourited you.

And at 16:22 CET here I created a saved search in the app for Hollis, NH. (It is possible that this would result in notifications coming in at 22 minutes past the hour.)

Just posted at 10:37am Est

I got the notification at 16:56 CET, so 19 minutes after you posted it.

I have now favourited it (in the app) at 17:35.

1 Like

Ok.
Are you ready for next phase?
I am going to delete the dates and repost if your ready now.
If not tomorrow is ok.

Yes, that is good!

Done. 7:01pm EST

That took just 7 minutes.

Edit: And now after 9 minutes, I also get the notification for the Saved search for Hollis.

Even though the saved search was deleted?

I had forgotten to delete that Saved search.

But I do not think it interferes with the favourite notification system. Your dates just gave both notifications.

I have now unfavourite you in the app. And favourited you in the web interface now at 01:28 CET. I am a bit curious if that generates notifications in the app (I think it will). But I will go to bed now.

@HelloOutThere I am in the Asian timezones atm. It would be great to get another perspective from over here. Do you think?