Sitter and Home Owner Photograph Standards?

Hello all. I am an experienced sitter with many reviews over a number of years. The more experienced you become the more you know what you want from a sit and a home owner (and visa versa of course).
One area that is important to me is the cleanliness, style and home interior (i.e. where I am going to be living).
I come across so many house sits that could be of interest but only to find photos (ranging from one picture into double figures) of house exterior , pets, the local town etc…but none of home interior (bedroom, kitchen, lounge etc). Now I just don’t apply ( I don’t want to request pictures of the house and maybe I am thinking the owner is just pet focused and not on the needs of the sitter)
I am sure it would be possible to have a minimum standards/stronger guidance from THS before a profile is released onto the system? I think this could benefit all.

1 Like

Hi @JOHNUK, I totally agree with there still being owners who do not share photos of the interior of their homes. THS do in fact ask for photos of bedroom, bathroom, living area and kitchen to be included in NEW listings. Sadly, unless owners who have used the site before update their listing, they are unaware of the new requirements and other new features to be included in their listing. However, this may be changing as an owner who has used this site for a number of years started a new thread whereby they had to update/include more details before their listing could go live.

3 Likes

Thank you. Great news :slight_smile:

I can tell you that as a new HO prospect, my listing was denied because I didn’t have a bedroom picture. At this point we are in the process of moving, so I only have remodel pictures because my furniture is in a moving truck. I know this is a one off for me, but the mods do look at new postings and pictures. I ended up canceling my membership because I was too nervous to post a lengthy sit once I get furniture placed and “furniture pictures” taken - which would have only put me within 2 weeks of the sit. Was I too nervous about this?? We have a newly remodeled, wonderful city location

Same here, I just skip over it and don’t apply if there are not sufficient, well lit and clean-looking photos!

Thanks for reply. I was not aware the moderators check profiles, many seems to be getting through. If there is a good reason the photos are not profile (in your case moving etc ) I would be fine with that if it was mentioned etc. Thanks again

I lot of HO put far too many pictures of the pets. I don’t want to see 17 pictures of a cat, and none of the bedroom or bathroom.

1 Like

I don’t want to live in other people’s clutter so photos of a clean and tidy home are an absolute priority. If there are no photos of the bedroom, lounge, kitchen and bathroom, I move on!
I saw a listing today of just the dog.

@Home Please email support@trustedhousesitters.com and report that listing. THS will get in contact with the homeowner and inform them of the requirement for good-quality images of the sitter’s living spaces.

I recently looked at a listing for a short sit that is the exact dates and location I would like for a few days I have open before flying to Europe. I looked at the photos and they were extremely cluttered. The kitchen counters were completely covered with random stuff, living room cluttered, an office with a desk that wouldn’t be useable since there wasn’t enough open space to put a laptop, and a bedroom with an unmade bed. It has zero applicants, but I will just get a hotel for those days.