Sitters avoiding dogs?

As a sitter, I have over the last year been avoiding dog sits after a couple of instances where a dog’s behavioural issues have not been disclosed by the sitter. For me personally, it has become to risky.

2 Likes

I totally agree. I love the sits with dogs that like to walk and hike. I also love cats as long as they don’t mind hanging out by themselves at times. I shy away from houses with dogs/cats that just want someone to stay in the house with them all day due to separation anxiety. I have too much energy for that. Everyone is different.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with leggy hounds surely? :heart:

I personally don’t do sits for dogs that need to be walked anymore after I was dragged through a field and across concrete to the point of my pants ripping off and my leg tearing open. I was not going to let him go and he stayed safe because of that but I sure took a beating. So now I mostly watch cats and will watch dogs who are disabled or have some other reason for not needing walks. Some are only allowed to play in the yard and that I can handle. Just ones that need walks I don’t apply for because I’d like to keep my legs in tact and my pants on. lol

1 Like