Sitters Looking for a Future Sit

I usually do map search for all of Europe or parts thereof, which apparently means that you don’t get to see any sits that are in reviewing status.

Re ‘rare’ sits: there’s a ton of UK sits compared to rest of Europe. Last year when I counted it a few times, it was generally 3-5 sits in mainland Europe for every 100 sits in the UK.

And out of those 3-5 sits, I’m looking for cats and cities or town with good public transport. Between 1-3 weeks. Nothing too unusual, although that leaves maybe 1-2 sits out of the total 3-5 available for Europe-not-UK (versus 100 in UK).

So that often makes them popular, cause obviously I’m far from the only one keen to sit in Europe beyond the UK & for lack of a car (and preferably not wanting to rent one) focusing my efforts mainly on non-countryside sits. I sometimes do the latter, but if so, it really has to work out on the transport side.

Yup, you’re searching for what’s rare. And THS has specifically said that it wants to spread sits around, so that means what you’re experiencing — that it’s harder to get the rare sits you want — is what they intended. It’s better for their business even if it’s worse for you, so you might want to try other platforms.

There have been threads on the forum that have mentioned other sitting sites or groups. I joined Nomador, for instance, because there are more non-U.K. European sits on there. Even though I don’t have a single review on there, I posted a link to my THS reviews. With no effort on my part otherwise, I’ve been offered sits in Europe and the U.S.

1 Like

Very interesting that you’ve been contact about potential sits on Nomador, without actually having put in any further effort beyond creating a profile. I also remember an HO on this platform, who recently joined another site and quickly received several interesting ‘applications’ from interested & qualified sitters for potential TBD future sit dates. I’ll check it out

1 Like